I love teaching at Shenandoah because of the students and the people I work with. It is a place where things happen, creativity, learning, experiencing, and the love of music!
B.M., Berklee College of Music; M.M.E., Shenandoah University
- Teaching experience includes National Jazz Workshop, Winchester Virginia; CCM Vocal Pedagogy Institute -audio courses, Shenandoah Conservatory; Shepherd College, Shepherdstown, West Virginia; Contemporary Music Center, Chantilly, Virginia; Sound Labs, Falls Church, Virginia; PAVAN (Performing and Visual Arts Northwest), Winchester, Virginia.
- Audio Engineering Society (AES) member. Member of The Recording Academy. Member of the former International Association of Jazz Educators. Avid Pro Tools Certified, completed Avid Media Composer and Sibelius courses.
- 25 years professional recording experience and live sound reinforcement including owner, manager, and chief engineer of Goldreel Studios, Winchester Virginia. Recording Engineer at Sound Loft Studio, Brookline, Massachusetts.
- Performances include Blue Note, New York City, Philippine International Jazz Festival, Manilla, Kennedy Center, Washington DC, Blues Alley, Washington, DC, Kawaguchi, Tokyo Japan, Beijing China, and Uppland International Jazz Festival, Osthammar, Sweden
- Tours with Shenandoah Conservatory Jazz Ensemble include China and Japan and numerous Jazz clubs in the Washington Metropolitan area.
- Performances with guest artists at Shenandoah University include Randy Brecker, Bob Berg, Carl Burnett, Rebecca Parris, Chris Vadala and Zoro.
I love being creative in any setting, music, recording studio, classroom, art, sports, community service, it brings joy to my heart. We are soul!