Certificate, Guildhall School of Music and Drama (England); B.M.E., M.M.E., Shenandoah University
- Recording credits include Gershwins Porgy and Bess (EMI), Mozarts Le Nozze di Figaro (Deutsche Gramophone), and (BMGs) Grammy Award winning recording of John Coriglianos Rage and Remembrance. R. Nathaniel Dett, Chariot Jubilee (Vocalessence, Clarion Label), Sing Noel, Washington Chorus, (DVD) Rossini, Semiramide, Metropolitan Opera, (DVD) Puccini, La Fanciulla del West, Metropolitan Opera
- Appeared with the Wolf Trap Opera Company, Washingtons Concert Opera, Santa Fe Opera, Washington National Opera, Wexford Opera, Ash Lawn Opera Festival
- In twenty-three seasons with the Metropolitan Opera, he has sung over 280 performances of nineteen different roles.
- Member of the Metropolitan Operas Young Artists Development Program from 1989 to 1992. Apprentice Artist with the Wolf Trap Opera Company, Aprentice Artist with the Santa Fe Opera Company
- Symphonic engagements include performances with the National Symphony Orchestra, Pittsburgh Symphony, New York Philharmonic, St. Louis Symphony Orchestra, BBC Orchestra and LOrchestre du Montreal
- Frequent soloist at the Kennedy Center with the Choral Arts Society of Washington and the Washington Chorus.
- Studied at the famed Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London in 1986.