Before submitting your IRB Research Application Packet to the IRB Compliance Coordinator, your faculty advisor for the research project must review your application forms, approve and sign your Form E and/or Form A.
All forms must be completely filled out with all required signatures PRIOR TO being submitted to the IRB Compliance Coordinator. If you do not have all required forms and answers completed and requested signatures, your proposal will be returned to you and your review will be delayed until all are received.
The expected turnaround times for the IRB committee to process applications are as follows**:
Exempt – 4-6 weeks
Expedited – 6-8 weeks
Full review – 8-10 weeks
**Assuming that the proposals are complete and that no major revisions are requested. Please allow enough time for review.
Submitting Forms and Contact Information
Submit all completed electronic forms (with signatures) and all attachments to SUComply@su.edu.
Paper (hard) copy of requested items should be sent to:
Megan Bowers, SU Compliance Coordinator
c/o Office of Academic Affairs
1460 University Drive
Winchester, VA 22601
If you have any questions about whether or not your project needs to be evaluated or how to go about IRB submission please contact your IRB representative below:
Administration: Claressa Morton
- Arts and Sciences: Kim Orrell, Scott King
- Education & Human Development: Karen Huff, Dennis Kellison
- Business: Bob Bonometti
- Conservatory: Stephanie Standerfer, David Meyer
- Community: in process of being filled
- Nursing/Respiratory Care: Jennifer Matthews, Francie Bernier
- Occupational Therapy: Kathryn Levit
- Pharmacy: Art Harralson (chair), Marcia Brackbill, Doug Smith
- Physical Therapy: Ed Schrank
- Physicians Assistant: Rachel Carlson
IRB Related Links
- The Belmont Report: Ethical Principles and Guidelines for the Protection of Human Subjects of Research
- World Medical Association’s Declaration of Helsinki – Ethical Principles for Medical Research Involving Human Subjects