The Shenandoah University Staff Council is sponsoring a winter coat drive during the next few weeks to support the efforts of the local Congregational Community Action Project (CCAP). The university community is encouraged to raid their closets and bring unused coats in good condition to any of the collection boxes located throughout campus. Coats are needed for all ages, especially children.
Please help the Staff Council make the holidays a little warmer for those in need by donating your gently used winter coats. Donations will be accepted through Friday, Dec. 14. Questions? Contact Chair of the Staff Council Work Life and Professional Development Committee Julie Tavenner at 540/665-0991.
Boxes are located in the following buildings/areas:
- Bowman Building – first floor in the School of Education and Human Development lobby
- Brandt Student Center – outside of the food court
- Halpin-Harrison Hall – foyer on ground level
- Child Care Center – foyer
- Allen Dining Hall – near the entrance doors closest to Smith Library
- Feltner Building – second floor kitchen
- Goodson Chapel/Recital Hall – beside the doors as you enter the Chapel
- Smith Library – in the breezeway between the front doors
- Ohrstrom-Bryant Theatre – against the wall as you enter the theatre
- Health Professions Building – one in the nursing school lobby and one in the pharmacy school lobby
- Shingleton Gymnasium – beside the doors as you enter the gymnasium
- Wilkins Administration Building – second floor on top of the steps near the Business Office