Shenandoah is closed today, March 6, and classes are canceled. Faculty will communicate with students regarding mid-term exams and make-up work. This applies to main campus and all Winchester satellite locations (Health Professions Building, Medical Office Building II, 333 West Cork Street; John Kerr, Bowman and Feltner buildings), the Northern Virginia Campus, Shenandoah Conservatory Arts Academy, Center for Lifelong Learning and off-site education cohorts. Administrative offices are closed; only staff required to maintain essential functions remain at work.
Students: watch for impromptu activities that may pop up in the Brandt Student Center today. RDs and RAs will contact their residential students regarding special event programming in each hall, too. The Shenandoah University Student Life Facebook page and university’s calendar (www.su.edu/events) will be kept up to date as much as possible. Wednesday Night Live at 10 p.m. in Goodson Chapel/Recital Hall will be an informal gathering. Bring an instrument if you like. Contact student Quenton Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT’S OPEN? WHAT’S CLOSED? CAMPUS SERVICES UPDATE
• The Allen Dining Hall is open, maintaining its regular business hours: 7:15 a.m. to 7:15 p.m.
• The Brandt Student Center Food Court and Jazzman’s Café are closed.
• Brandt Student Center is open 7 a.m. to midnight. Call the BSC Information Desk at 540/665-4907.
• BSC Game Room is open 11 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
• BSC Fitness Room is open 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
• Students with Shenandoah I.D. may use Shingleton Gymnasium for open gym when it is not being used by a team for practice.
• The Smith Library may not open. Call 540/665-5424 before heading to the library.
• Practice rooms in Ruebush and Armstrong halls are open.
• Shockey Drive is closed from Aikens Athletic Center to East Campus Commons.
• The campus shuttle van continues to run on its normal schedule; it will use Rt. 50 to pick up and drop off students at East Campus Commons, until roads are impassable and/or Virginia issues a state of emergency.
• Department of Public Safety is open 24/7; officers are scheduled around the clock to respond to your needs. Reach the Department of Public Safety at 540/678-4444 or 665-4614 at any time.
PRE-LAW NIGHT POSTPONED
Pre-Law Night, originally scheduled for tomorrow, March 7, from 6:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., will be rescheduled later this semester. Questions? Contact Dr. William Shendow at email@example.com.