Earn Your MBA With Classes at Night or Every Other Weekend
We know your busy life makes it hard to go back to school, so our program is designed with flexibility and convenience in mind.
The Harry F. Byrd, Jr. School of Business offers you a rich curriculum designed for busy, working adults. Study full-time or part-time and earn an MBA attending evenings or alternating weekends at our conveniently located campuses in Winchester or Leesburg. Small classes guarantee you individualized attention with support from accomplished and caring faculty who deliver high-quality courses based on real- world experiences. Classes emphasize practical, hands-on applications that will make your MBA work for you in the marketplace.
Shenandoah University enjoys a strong reputation locally, regionally and nationally. Our MBA graduates are recognized within the business community as knowledgeable, capable, and able to excel in the workplace. With AACSB International accreditation, you’ll get a world-class education from one of a very select group of universities across the globe.
Hear from an MBA alumni
Oracle’s Principal Technical Sales Consultant Scott Hirni, ’15 chose to earn his MBA at Shenandoah University for the flexibility of the program and because of how highly others spoke of the university. “The professors are top notch. They have real-life business experience , and they respect the working professional. They challenged me, and they worked with my schedule. “
Learn More About This Program
Our program is dedicated to equipping you with the tools you need for continued growth and success as a business leader. Here’s how we’re unique:
- No GMAT
- A small-classroom environment at an AACSB International-accredited university where the focus is on discussions, seminars and integrated case studies
- Emphasis on practical, hands-on applications that will make your MBA work for you in the marketplace
- Opportunities to develop rich, collaborative relationships with premier faculty and fellow students who, like you, have diverse work and life experiences
- Additional hours offered to fulfill the CPA licensure requirement
- Access to both our executive-in-residence and our senior executive counselor, who provide one-on-one advice and counsel on coursework and careers
What our Students Say
It was especially important to me that if I were to take a weekend program, I would not be away from my family every weekend. This was one of the top deciding factors for me.”
—Scott Hirni | Oracle Corp
I searched for a brick and mortar school, since online schools are still frowned upon in the finance industry, that would work with my schedule. Since I work in DC, George Washington, George Mason and Shenandoah were my options (I live in Winchester). A friend that received his MBA from Shenandoah referred me here. After speaking with the counselor and the benefits of not having to take a GMAT, I decided to register and give it a shot.”
—Andre Guardino | Freddie Mac Finance Management
I very much valued the small classroom sizes and access to the professors.”
—Deborah Inaba, ‘14 | Exercise Physiologist for Valley Health
Our program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB International accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in management and business education. It represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide, and it recognizes that the Harry F. Byrd, Jr. School of Business offers high-quality business programs. Processes are in place to ensure continuous improvement in the future. Therefore students and alumni can be proud of earning a degree from an institution that has taken its place among other world-wide leaders in business education.
Career and Salary Possibilities
Career and Salary Examples for Master of Business Administration Students:
- Sales Director: $122,000
- Senior Financial Analyst: $79,777
- Marketing Director: $36,614 - $122,449
- Senior Product Manager: $141,069
The Career Services Office provides a comprehensive range of services and resources to assist Shenandoah students in their career search. Services offered include resume and cover letter building, mock interviews, and professional dining etiquette workshops.
We offer two schedules:
- Evening classes meet once a week on a weeknight (Monday thru Thursday) either from 6 to 8:30 p.m. or from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
- Every-other-weekend classes meet on Friday nights and Saturdays. Friday night class is from 6 to 10 p.m., Saturday morning class from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and Saturday afternoon class from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m.
There’s a special bond between Byrd School students and their professors. Students enjoy close professional relationships with academically and professionally experienced faculty who mentor them in and out of the classroom. This remains a hallmark of a Shenandoah University business education. Students also benefit from our executive-in-residence who works with both professors and students to broaden the student’s focus beyond the classroom.
M.B.A. Program Director and Associate Professor of EconomicsFull Biography
Graduate Applicant Materials
- Complete the Graduate Application
- Official transcript(s) from ALL post-secondary schools attended from which credit was received
- Two letters of recommendation former/current professors and/or professional colleagues
- A cover letter of intent statement of no more than one page describing your aspiration, career goals and reasons for wanting pursue a MBA
Learn more about Graduate Business Application Information