Shenandoah University utilizes the Senate form of faculty governance.
The Senate provides the faculty a forum for debating issues and a process for democratic decision-making. Recommendations made by the Senate are forwarded to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and/or the University Cabinet. The Senate is committed to making the university a competent, progressive and vital force toward achieving higher education in the lives of its students, faculty, administration and alumni.
The faculty handbook is available on Blackboard in the “Office of Academic Affairs” organization, on the Homepage.
The programs below are available to all full-time faculty for the development of their research, scholarship and creative activity related to scholarship.
- Faculty Development Grants
- Faculty/Student Collaborative Scholarship Fund
- Faculty Development Fellowship Grants
- Junior Faculty Development Grant
- Faculty Research Fund (aka “Faculty 400”)
- Tuition Assistance Grants
- Promotion in Rank/Move to Career Faculty Contract
- Sabbaticals/Leaves of Absence
All faculty forms are available on Blackboard in the “Office of Academic Affairs” organization, on the Homepage, which houses information and documents for faculty and staff.