The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment supports the university by:
- maintaining records related to student enrollment and demographics, and providing in-depth analysis of those records, including production of the annual Factbook
- coordinating research and survey submissions for external accrediting bodies and organizations including federal and state agencies and higher education organizations.
- providing timely and accurate research and analysis necessary for planning and decision making to assist with strategic planning and institutional effectiveness
- coordinating regional accreditation processes and assisting with specialized accreditation
- conducting survey research for university departments
- providing data and information for internal and external requests
If you have questions or need more information, please feel free to contact any of our team members.
Main office phone: 540.665.4539
HOWARD BALLENTINE, Ph.D.
Director of Institutional Research and Assessment
Associate Director of Institutional Research and Assessment
TERESA MASIELLO, Ed.D.
Founded in 1875, Shenandoah is a private, medium-size, moderately-selective university in Winchester, Va., a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people. Its main campus is adjacent to Interstate 81 at exit 313B in the northern Shenandoah Valley. Shenandoah University is affiliated with the United Methodist Church…READ MORE
Information Required to Be Disclosed Under the Higher Education Act of 1965 Academic Program (Educational Programs, Instructional Facilities, and Faculty) Areas of Study Code of Conduct for Education Loans Code of Conduct for Education Loans Completion/Graduation and Transfer-out Rates Factbook Consumer Information on College Navigator Website (including student activities offered by the institution, services offered…READ MORE
SU Factbook The Factbook is updated during the Fall and Spring of each academic year. The link that follows summarizes SU demographic data through the 2012-2013 academic year. Since data in the Factbook is drawn from various sources and time periods, there may appear to be inconsistencies. These are not incorrect numbers, merely situations that…READ MORE
Course Evaluation Instructions For Students Your feedback helps us maintain and improve the quality of our courses. Completing the online evaluation will only take a minimal amount of time (approximately 5-10 minutes). Please follow these few steps to complete your course evaluation(s): You will receive an email link directly from IOTA Solutions when your course…READ MORE
You may request data and research from the Office of Institutional Research. Examples of data/research request include surveys that can be deployed to members of the SU community and other historical figures that IR tracks… READ MORE
Information found in the Common Data Set is a detailed report covering University-wide information. The CDS Initiative is a collaborative effort between publishers and the educational community to improve the quality and accuracy of information provided. Data are presented in the same “common” format used by most institutions of Higher Education to facilitate comparisons among institutions. …READ MORE