Hornet Central is your one-stop shop for registration and student finances
As an Undergraduate Student at Shenandoah you may need to:
Graduate Students view the Hornet Central Graduate Checklist
Academic Business Needs
View the breakdown of your tuition cost, prices of various levels of meal plans, the costs of your technology, and added costs for specific majors.
Tuition due dates:
- Fall Term: August 15
- Spring Term: December 15
Pay your Shenandoah University tuition:
- To pay online, logon to WebAdvisor
- Your username and password are on your acceptance letter
- Click “Current Students”
- Select “Make a Payment.” You may not make a payment unless there is a current balance due.
- To pay by check, please make check payable to “Shenandoah University” and return with your statement remittance slip.
- To pay by American Express, Discover, VISA or MasterCard, please complete the statement remittance slip. Cardholder signature is required.
Please mail all payments to:
1460 University Drive
Winchester, VA 22601
Shenandoah offers families the option to divide their tuition bill into 4 monthly payments per term.
Fall payments are due August 15 through November 15. Spring payments are due December 15 through March 15.
Apply for a Shenandoah University Payment Plan. The deadline to submit an application is July 1.
Hornet Central can help you with all of your course registration needs.
Register online via WebAdvisor. Here is a video tutorial of how to register for classes.
Students who wish to change classes can do so during the add/drop period by submitting the Add/Drop Form. If you have decided to change your major, you must submit a Curriculum Change Form to Hornet Central.
Students that are unable to register online must submit a Registration Form to Hornet Central. Please complete this form, obtain your advisor’s signature, and return it to Hornet Central.
Students registering for Independent Study, Directed Study, and Research need to submit this form as an addendum to your regular registration. Complete this form with your instructor, obtain the necessary signatures, and return the form to Hornet Central.
- Login to WebAdvisor.
- Click “Purchase Books” under the Academic Profile tab, and select your term.
- You will see your course schedule.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button for the Bookstore.
- You can now view all of the books required for each of your courses and add them to your cart.
Submit the Curriculum Change Form to Hornet Central or the Registrar’s Office to change or add a major, or to add a minor. Please make sure all required signatures are obtained before submitting this form.
Students who want to take a challenge examination, which would allow the student to earn credit for a course by passing a comprehensive examination on the content of the course, need to complete a Request to Challenge a Course.
Challenge examinations are not available for all courses.
If a comparable CLEP exam or other approved standardized test is available, Challenge Examinations are not an option.
Please refer to the Undergraduate Catalog in the Academic Policies section on Challenge Examinations for requirements and approvals needed.
Students who would like to take a course at another institution or complete a CLEP test must submit a Request to Study Elsewhere to Hornet Central. This form will not be accepted without all required information.
CLEP results must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.
The Registrar’s Office Is Located In The Wilkins Administrative Building, Rooms 228 And 230.
Office of the Registrar
1460 University Drive Winchester, VA 22601
Students requesting to have their enrollment at Shenandoah University verified need to complete the Enrollment Verification Request Form and return it to the Registrar’s Office.
Shenandoah University verifies students enrollment based on semester. If you need verification for multiple semesters a separate letter will be created for each semester. If you have any questions pertaining to Enrollment Verifications please contact the Registrar’s Office at (540) 665-3499 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Enrollment Certification Request form is for all Veteran Affairs Entitlement Use only. Students using any form of the GI Bill must complete and return this form to the Registrar’s Office after registering for classes to be certified with Veteran Affairs.
Shenandoah University provides official transcripts upon request to current students and graduates.
Standard transcript requests are free and will be processed within ten business days and sent via regular mail. Transcripts are processed on a first-in, first-out basis. Please let us know if you have an important deadline; we will do our best to accommodate you.
Submit the Transcript Request Form to order your Shenandoah University official transcript.
Submit a written requests to order your Shenandoah University official transcript.
Written requests MUST include the following information:
- full name
- student ID number or date of birth
- current address and phone number
- last term attended if before 1986
- the name under which you attended SU, if different from the name you currently use
- number of copies requested
- the address(es) to which you wish them sent
- your signature
We will not process any requests without your signature – no exceptions!
You may also request that we do the following:
- hold your transcripts until current semester grades are processed
- hold your transcripts until your degree is posted include which term you intend to graduate.
If you do not select one of these options, we will process your request when it is received.
Keep in mind when requesting your SU Transcript
- We receive far more transcript requests at the beginning and end of each semester; please plan ahead to accommodate processing delays due to high volume.
- The registrar’s office cannot distribute your transcripts if you have a hold on your account or a balance outstanding with the University. If you are a current student, you may check your account status and make payments on WebAdvisor. If you have a hold on your account, please contact Hornet Central at 540-665-4514 to resolve your hold before ordering your transcripts.
- We do not fax transcripts except by special arrangement with the receiving institution.
- Shenandoah University only issues SU transcripts. Transcripts from other institutions released to us become the property of the University and are not released to any third party.
Questions? Contact the Registrar’s Office at (540) 535-3452, email@example.com, or by fax at (540) 665-5446.
Campus Life Business Needs
Residential living is often one of the most dynamic parts of a student’s university experience, and Shenandoah is a residential campus. Freshmen and sophomore students are required to reside in campus housing.
New students can apply for housing between March 1 – June 1. A housing form is available here. You must apply for housing no later than June 1 to ensure full consideration. You will receive your housing assignment around July 15.
The minimum meal plan available for freshmen is 15-meals per week; the minimum meal plan offered for upperclassmen is 10-meals per week.
Each meal period (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Late Night at Brandt Student Center Food Court) is considered a “meal.” When you enter a dining establishment, your card is swiped and one meal is taken off your card. Meals do not transfer from week to week. One meal swipe may be used per hour.
Meal plans cannot be reduced after June 30 for fall semester, and November 1st for spring semester.
To reduce your meal plan before the deadline contact:
Assistant Director Residence Life
(540) 665-4595 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Cooley Hall, Room 214
View the current rates for Meal Plans
Meal Plans for Commuting Students
If you are interested in purchasing a commuter meal plan, please print the Commuter Meal Plan Form, circle your choice, and select a payment method.
If you have any questions, contact Auxiliary Services at (540) 665-5571 or (540) 665-4925. To purchase a plan call, Hornet Central at (540) 665-4514 or complete the Commuter Meal Plan Form and mail or fax it to Hornet Central.
Commuter meal plans must be paid in full at the beginning of each term.
Commuter meal plans are not included in the Shenandoah University Payment Plan.
Learn more about Dining at Shenandoah
Submit the Break Fee and/or Shuttle Service Form to arrange shuttle transportation for breaks or to remain on campus during breaks. This form authorizes SU to charge your account for your break fee or shuttle fee if you have a credit balance on your account from your financial aid award.
Direct payments can be submitted to Hornet Central. If the break fee is submitted after the deadline, the fee will be double the amount listed. Questions about deadlines can be directed to the Office of Residence Life.
Assistant Director Residence Life
(540) 665-4595 | email@example.com
Cooley Hall, Room 214
An annual fee of $115 is charged to residential and commuting students who drive and/or parks a vehicle on university property. There is no fee for additional permits due to loss, theft, or additional vehicles. Annual permit fees can be paid to Hornet Central or online on WebAdvisor.
Upon proper registration and in possession of RED decal permits displayed as instructed, all students are permitted to park motor vehicles in designated RED parking areas on campus.
Complete the Parking Permit Authorization Form to Authorize Shenandoah University to charge $115 to my student account for my parking permit and return it to Hornet Central.
Learn more about the Office of Public Safety
Lost SU Student Identification Card should be reported immediately to the Auxiliary Services Office. You will be charged a $25 replacement fee, which should be paid in Hornet Central. Complete Student Account Authorization Form to authorize Shenandoah University to charge your account for your ID Replacement Fee of $25.00. Please bring your receipt to the Auxiliary Services office on the ground floor of the Wilkins Administration Building where you will be issued a new card. For safety reasons, your old card will be deactivated.
Submit the Hornet Dollars form to increase your Hornet Dollars which can be used at a number of locations including the SU Bookstore.
Work Study Job on Campus Business Needs
Students interested in applying for a work-study position or switch to a new position can print and deliver the Work Study Placement Form to Laura Saville, Executive Assistant to VP Administration and Finance in the Wilkins Building Room 133.
Contact Laura Saville at (540) 665-4533 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work Study job placements are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. To be sure that you receive the placement you want, submit you form as early as possible to Laura Saville or Hornet Central.
If a student wishes to transfer to another position, a transfer request must be received and approved by Laura Saville, work study coordinator. Under no circumstances should a student employee change positions without approval. Lack of approval will delay payment.
SU Timekeeper is a web based system for hourly employees to track hours worked.
To access SU Timekeeper:
- Your username is your email address before the @.
- Example: email@example.com; username = jsmith12
- Your inital password is the 2 digits of your birth month, the 2 digits of your birth day and your first and last inital capitalized. Example: John Smith was born on January 1st. His password is 0101JS
- You will be asked to change your password after you log in for the first time and every 6 months after that. Passwords must have at least one number and cannot be your username.
If you need assistance with anything related to SU Timekeeper, contact Cory Nelson, Payroll Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org or (540) 545-7220 or the Office of Human Resources.
Students eligible for work study can earn up to $2,300 a year in the form of a bi-weekly pay checks made out to the student.
If you haven’t already signed up for direct deposit, support Shenandoah University’s sustainability effort and do so now!
Turn in the Authorization Agreement for Automatic Deposits to Hornet Central with a voided check or document from the bank with your bank routing number and account number.
If you have not yet signed up for Direct Deposit, Work Study pay checks can be picked up in Hornet Central on a bi-weekly basis.
- Work Study earning are not put towards tuition.
- Financial Aid packages show the full $2,300 earning , but students do not automatically receive that amount. Students must work in order receive that financial aid award.
- Shenandoah operates using a bi-weekly system, which means we pay every other Friday. Student employees are paid two weeks in arrears. Hours worked will be paid two Fridays after the end of the pay period.
- All time cards are to be approved by both the employee and the supervisor by the end of the day on the Thursday following the end of the pay period
Student Business Needs
Federal Student Financial Aid regulations require that the University refund any financial aid funds that are credited to a student’s account in excess of the costs of tuition, fees, and room and board. The date that refund checks are issued each term varies due to the Federal Regulations for refunding Title IV aid proceeds to the student. The refund checks that are processed at the beginning of each term will be available for pick up. Checks not picked up within the published period will then be mailed to the student’s legal home permanent address. All checks are made payable to the student.
Look at the school calendar for the dates that fall and spring refunds are issued. The date summer refund checks are issued is determined by the start date of your courses. If financial aid is awarded after the start date of the term, a refund check will be issued within 7 to 14 days of the award being applied to your account.
Refund request forms are only necessary when the check should be made payable to a third party.
To make a change to your address or name please print the Change of Address/Name Form, complete it in its entirety, and sign the bottom. Mail, or fax the completed form to Hornet Central.
To make a change to your Social Security number please print the Social Security Change Form, please complete this form and bring a copy of your Social Security Card to Hornet Central to update your student record.
To request your SU Username be changed please compete the IC Account Rename Form. You must first have completed the Change of Address/Name Form above and have it approved by Hornet Central before your SU Username can be changed.
Learn more about the Office of Institutional Computing
Students that wish to graduate from Shenandoah University and are no longer a matriculated student must complete this Application for Re-Admission (to graduate ONLY). Form will not be accepted without all required signatures.