This is the best time in history to be involved in teaching and learning. Shenandoah provides a truly unique setting for faculty, students and staff to explore their interests.
Dr. Richard Pierce, Director for Academic Computing Technology.
ACT Guiding Principles:
In addition to serving as a playbook for how we carry out our work, the guiding principles listed below describe the essence of what we are striving to accomplish with our Strategic Plan and map these efforts to the Shenandoah University Strategic Plan: Shenandoah 2025.
- Drive toward efficiencies and cost savings.
- Strive to shift more of our resources into supporting teaching, learning, and research.
- Identify opportunities for simplification to enable agility and enhance ease of use.
- Forge strategic partnerships and leverage resources.
- Adapt our role and skills to become trusted partners who empower and support Shenandoah’s students, faculty, and staff.
- Increased experimentation in teaching and learning.
- Faculty focus on student engagement and outcomes informed by data and learning analytics.
- Student expectations for personalized and interactive learning.
- Expanded access through online and other delivery models.
- Changes in the physical campus and learning spaces.
- New opportunities in research Increasing interdisciplinary scholarship and research Intensified financial pressures.
- Rapidly changing technologies in higher education.
- Explosive growth in social, mobile, analytics, cloud, and video technologies.
As a component of CTLT, the mission of ACT is supporting Technology Enhanced Active Learning (TEAL) to inspire students through transformative learning and to strengthen support for faculty scholarship using technology. CTLT/ACT is a champion for pedagogically sound and effective use of technology for instruction through the support of systematic explorations of learning technologies aimed at enhancing student success.
ACT is located on the 3rd floor of Smith Library. For more information about how ACT supports TEAL at Shenandoah, please email Director Richard Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org.