Annual Faculty Writers’ Retreat [POSTPONED]
Shenandoah River Campus at Cool Spring Battlefield
May 28 and May 29, 2020
9am – 3:30pm daily
Updated March 31, 2020: The May writers’ retreat at Cool Spring is postponed.
Join us for two days of uninterrupted writing time amid the natural beauty of SU’s River Campus at Cool Spring Battlefield.
Sponsored by Transformative Teaching & Learning, our goal is to provide you with the time and space to get a jump start on your summer writing projects. This is not to say you have to follow any particular agenda at the retreat. Whether you want to write in a quiet spot or walk the trails to think in solitude, we hope working alongside your colleagues in this tranquil and historically significant setting will be a source of inspiration.
Activities might include:
- rewriting a syllabus
- revamping course materials
- drafting a conference presentation
- revising for publication
- catching up on your reading
- getting back to that manuscript-in-progress
To help you make the most of your time at the retreat, we offer attendees the following opportunities and amenities:
- Pre-retreat drafting workshop led by Dr. Kelley Crowley (details to follow soon).
- Certificate of completion for your promotion portfolio.
- Morning coffee and pastries.
- Catered boxed lunches.
- Thursday afternoon wine and cheese reception.
- Tips and support for continuing the retreat experience.
- Passenger van transportation between the Winchester and Cool Spring campuses.
Questions? Contact Hilary Sortor, CTLT’s instructional support coordinator.