– Effective Communication: Written and Oral
– Artistic Expression
– Quantitative Literacy
– Scientific Literacy Domain 4***objectives currently undergoing revisions, no new course proposals will be accepted until the revisions area complete. Please contact Dr. Amy Sarch, email@example.com if you have any questions.
– Moral Reasoning
– The Individual in Society
– The Individual in the World
Please read the following instructions before completing the General Education forms. Faculty must complete the appropriate forms for any course being submitted for a General Education domain(s). The committee will not consider submissions after the stated deadline for the 2014/2015 academic year. Submission deadline for 2014/2015 is February 3rd.
Courses submitted for the re-approval process must also contain all of the forms and documentation listed below. If a course is required to proceed through the re-approval process but is not submitted by the prescribed deadline, it will be dropped from the General Education curriculum the following academic year.
- Please paste all of the following documents into ONE document in the order listed below.
- Complete a General Education Proposal Form for each course being submitted for domain.
- Complete a justification form specific to the domain(s) to which you are submitting your course. You may submit your course for up to two domains.
- Attach a course syllabus to the request.
- If your syllabi is not detail specific and more information is needed to determine if objectives/goals and criteria are met, please provide this information with an additional comment sheet.
- Provide evidence, in the form of a required course assignment, of fulfillment of the proposed program goal(s).
- An electronic copy of the completed proposal package must be submitted to the Director of General Education, Amy Sarch at firstname.lastname@example.org. The General Education Approval Committee will provide confirmation of receipt by email one week after the stated submission deadline and render a decision on the course within thirty days.
Complete the following checklist for your submissions
____ General Education Proposal Form
____ Justification form for domain(s)
____ Course syllabi and course assignment pertaining to proposed program goal
____ Submit e-copy of above documents pasted into ONE document to Director of General Education (email@example.com)
* All forms are presented as .doc documents. Please fill them out electronically, save them to your computer and send as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.