Transfer Admission Memorandum of Understanding (MOU): Blue Ridge Community College and Shenandoah University College of Arts and Sciences Honors Program
This memorandum of understanding (MOU) facilitates the transfer of Honors Program students between Blue Ridge Community College (BRCC) and Shenandoah University beginning Fall 2020.
- Complete an Associate of Arts and Sciences (AA&S) or a transfer-oriented Associate of Science (AS) Degree at BRCC.
- Complete the BRCC Honors Core curriculum of 10 credits and be in the Honors Program at BRCC.
- Present a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.50 (4.0 scale) upon application to Shenandoah University and upon graduation from BRCC.
- If a student has attended multiple institutions, they must have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.50 on a 4.0 scale at BRCC and all previous institutions.
- All work attempted at BRCC and any other institution(s) attended will be included in the GPA considered by Shenandoah University.
- Eligible transfer students must provide transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Shenandoah University will evaluate credit granted by Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) for possible credit; such credit will be granted only if examination scores meet established Shenandoah University criteria in place at the time the student enrolls.
- Be admitted to Shenandoah University.
- Complete a separate application to the Shenandoah University Honors Program.
- Students taking Honors coursework, but not admitted to the BRCC Honors Program or completing the BRCC Honors Core Curriculum may apply to the Shenandoah CAS Honors Program, and they will be considered for admittance on a case by case basis.
- Upon successful completion of the above terms, Shenandoah University will consider all Shenandoah University General Education requirements to be fulfilled.
- The BRCC Honors transfer student will have all Honors General Education course requirements waived, along with the requirement for HON 101 and HON 201.
- To complete the Honors Program requirements at Shenandoah University, the BRCC Honors transfer student will be required to complete HON 301 (1 credit) and all required Honors coursework in their declared major at Shenandoah University. Ideally the student will take HON 301 during their first semester at Shenandoah University, however, some students may need to complete additional courses in their declared major prior to taking HON 301 or upper level Honors courses in their major.
- All other terms and conditions specific to completion in the Shenandoah University CAS Honors Program apply.
BRCC transfer students who are admitted to Shenandoah University CAS Honors Program will be eligible for the following:
- graduation as Honors Scholars
- Honors distinction on students’ transcript
- participation in all Shenandoah University CAS Honors Program activities, events, organizations
Notice of Change or Termination
Either institution may withdraw from this MOU by notifying the other no less than one academic year before the intended date of termination. No further admissions shall be made under this MOU after such notice is given, but students already admitted to Shenandoah University will be allowed to transfer into the Shenandoah University CAS Honors Program.