Take your career from status quo to status go.
Advance your career with an MBA program that:
- Allows for maximum flexibility: attend evening or alternating weekend classes at our Winchester or Loudoun locations or online via Zoom
- Can be completed in 12 months or longer at your own pace.
- Increases your earning potential through MBA concentrations in:
- Is accredited by AACSB International, the highest standard of achievement for business schools around the world.
- Connects you with world-class faculty, industry leaders and executives-in-residence who provide one-on-one coaching and mentoring.
- Emphasizes real-world applications and skills valued by industry.
We know your busy life makes it hard to go back to school, so our program is designed with flexibility and convenience in mind. All classes in the MBA program are taught in a flex-format from Zoom enabled classrooms. Students have the option to attend face-to-face classes at our Winchester or Loudoun locations or attend virtually via Zoom.
Shenandoah University enjoys a strong reputation locally, regionally and nationally. Our MBA graduates are recognized within the business community as knowledgeable, capable, and able to excel in the workplace.
From Status Quo to Status Go
Take your career from status quo to status go with a Shenandoah University MBA.
Learn More About This Program
Here’s How We’re Unique:
- No GMAT required
- 36-48 credit hours for degree completion (depending on transcript)
- Attend classes in-person or via zoom
- A small-classroom environment at an AACSB International-accredited university where the focus is on discussions, seminars and integrated case studies
- Emphasis on practical, hands-on applications that will make your MBA work for you in the marketplace
- Opportunities to develop rich, collaborative relationships with premier faculty and fellow students who, like you, have diverse work and life experiences
- Access to both our executive-in-residence and our senior executive counselor, who provide one-on-one advice and counsel on coursework and careers
- Additional hours offered to fulfill the CPA licensure requirement
Our program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB International accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in management and business education. It represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide, and it recognizes that the School of Business offers high-quality business programs. Processes are in place to ensure continuous improvement in the future. Therefore students and alumni can be proud of earning a degree from an institution that has taken its place among other world-wide leaders in business education.
The accreditation of the MBA program definitely caught my attention and the flexibility of class times and places offered. I was motivated to attend when I interviewed for the MBA program, loved the University and professors, and realized I just had no other excuse not to dive in.”
Kari Nacy ’19 | Director of Defense Intelligence Programs Delivery & the Facility Security Officer for Ian, Evan & Alexander (IEA) Corporation in Ashburn, Virginia
Flexibility At Our Core
We know your busy life makes it hard to go back to school, so our program is designed with flexibility and convenience in mind.
All classes in the MBA program are taught in a flex-format from Zoom enabled classrooms. Students have the option to attend face-to-face classes at our Winchester or Loudoun locations or attend virtually via Zoom. Classes are scheduled in the evenings or alternating weekends.
You can complete your MBA in as little as 12 months as a full-time student or at your own pace as a part-time student.
Small classes guarantee you individualized attention with support from accomplished and caring faculty who deliver high-quality courses based on real-world experiences. Classes emphasize practical, hands-on applications that will make your MBA work for you in the marketplace.
I graduated undergrad in 2011 in a weak job market where most of my friends were struggling to find a job. The decision to pursue my MBA at Shenandoah helped give me the tools needed to get a leg up on many other job candidates in my graduation class and prepare me for a career in finance, doing what I love doing every day – helping my clients manage various aspects of their financial lives such as portfolio construction, retirement planning, and wealth transfer strategies.
Kyle Scallion ’13 | Senior Financial Advisor, Vice President at Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
Locally and Globally Recognized
Shenandoah University enjoys a strong reputation locally, regionally and nationally. Our MBA graduates are recognized within the business community as knowledgeable, capable, and able to excel in the workplace. With AACSB International accreditation, you’ll get a world-class education from one of a very select group of universities across the globe.
You’ll have opportunities to develop rich, collaborative relationships with premier faculty and fellow students who, like you, have diverse work and life experiences.
Career and Salary Possibilities
Career and Salary Examples for Master of Business Administration Students:
- Sales Director: $122,000
- Senior Financial Analyst: $79,777
- Marketing Director: $36,614 – $122,449
- Senior Product Manager: $141,069
The Career Services Office provides a comprehensive range of services and resources to assist Shenandoah students in their career search. Services offered include resume and cover letter building, mock interviews, and professional dining etiquette workshops.
Career Services helped me be presentable on paper and in person. They assisted with everything from resume and cover letter writing, to proper interview attire, to asking thoughtful questions at the end of an interview.”
Casey Edsall | Business Administration & MBA, ’16 & ’18
Two class schedule options
All classes can be attended in-person or via zoom
- Once-a-week weeknight class schedule
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday
- Classes offered 6-8:30 pm or 6:30-9 pm
- Every-other-weekend class schedule
- Friday night, 6-10 pm
- Saturday morning, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 pm
- Saturday afternoon, 1:30-5:30 pm
Foundation Course (12 credits)
Up to 12 foundation credits may be waived for students with the appropriate undergraduate or graduate preparation.
- ACCT 501 Foundations of Accounting (3)
- FIN 502 Foundations of Finance (1.5)
- ECN 501 Foundations of Economics (3)
- MKT 502 Foundations of Marketing (1.5)
- QM 502 Business Statistics (1.5)
- QM 504 Business Analytics (1.5)
MBA Core Courses (27 credits)
Core MBA curriculum includes ten required courses (27 credits).
- ACCT 511 Accounting for Decision Making and Control
- MKT 511 Marketing Management and Strategy
- ECN 516 Global Economics (3)
- MGT 513 Organizational Structure & Behavior
- MIS 514 Management Information System
- FIN 517 Financial Management
- SCM 530 Operations and Supply Chain Management
- MGT 535 HR Management and Legal and Ethical Perspectives
- MGT 611 Integrative Management
MBA elective courses (9 credits)
Select any three elective courses for the general MBA program.
Students earning a specialized MBA concentration in Business Analytics, Digital Marketing, Cybersecurity Management, Esports Management, or Healthcare Management will complete there three concentration courses instead of these elective courses.
- ACCT 513 & 515 Income Tax I & II
- ACCT 518 Auditing
- ACCT 519 Advanced Acct. Theory
- BUS 602 Business Internship
- BUS 517 Seminar in International Business
- BUS 530 Sustainable Business Strategy
- FIN 513 Investment & Portfolio Mgmt.
- MGT 531 Project Management
- MGT 554 Innovation & Design Thinking
- MGT 527 Healthcare Management
- MGT 525 Curr. Issues in Healthcare Mgmt.
- MGT 571 Healthcare Law and Compliance
- MIS 571 Healthcare Information Systems
- MIS 521 Database Systems
- MIS 526 Soc. Media & Multimedia for Business
- MIS 527 Operations Management
- MIS 515 Data Communication & Networking
- MIS 588 Foundations in Cybersecurity
- MIS 590 Intermediate Cybersecurity
- MIS 592 Advanced Cybersecurity
- MKT 515 International Marketing
- MKT 531 Digital Marketing Strategy
- MKT 533 Soc. Media & Dig. Advert. Strategy
- MKT 535 Digital Marketing Analytics
- ESPT 520 Esports Consumerism
- ESPT 570 Esports Entrepreneurship
- ESPT 590 Esports Digital Media Mgmt.
It was especially important to me that if I were to take a weekend program, I would not be away from my family every weekend. This was one of the top deciding factors for me.”
Scott Hirni ’15 | Oracle’s Principal Technical Sales Consultant
Meet the Faculty
There’s a special bond between School of Business students and their professors. Students enjoy close professional relationships with academically and professionally experienced faculty who mentor them in and out of the classroom. This remains a hallmark of a Shenandoah University business education. Students also benefit from our executive-in-residence who works with both professors and students to broaden the student’s focus beyond the classroom.
Associate Dean, Associate Professor of Management
The MBA Admission Committee will give full consideration to your entire application packet, but admission to the program is competitive. When your complete application is received, MBA Program Director will evaluate it and determines your eligibility. If you are found eligible, an interview with the MBA Admissions Committee will be scheduled.
Fast-Track To Your MBA
4 + 1 Option
Students enrolled in Shenandoah’s four-year Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program can take advantage of the new 4 + 1 option to earn an MBA with one additional year of classes.
2 + 2 + 1 Option
Transfer students with two years of college credits can take advantage of the 2 + 2 + 1 option that allows them to transition from an associate of arts degree in business degree to the BBA degree and subsequently to the MBA degree — all in five years.