Improve your organization’s speed, quality, efficiency, customer satisfaction, and profitability with a repeatable, scientific methodology and a set of proven tools.
Remove the waste (using Lean) and variation (using Six Sigma) that is bogging you down. Applied Lean Six Sigma training offers proven success, with benefits ranging from controlled project management to advanced problem-solving. This training combines lean manufacturing/lean enterprise and Six Sigma training to reduce waste and eliminate defects in all areas of business, benefiting everything from project management to problem-solving.
The results were beyond what I thought possible…a coaching style that keeps you striving for more – to never settle. Even when you think you have achieved perfection, Roxtar will keep you looking for more and you will find it.” —District Manager at United Rentals
What can you expect from the Lean Six Sigma training?—Something great, creative, and different.
The learning experience will be extremely interactive and tailored to the needs of the participants. The instructors have a wide breadth of experience, and can produce examples from practically every organization type (commercial (manufacturing and service), government and military, non-profit, etc.) and the entire spectrum of functional areas (IT, HR, R&D, finance, engineering, sales, contracting, etc.).
We will cover academic material so students understand the foundational theories, but this is coupled with practical applications to solidify a firm understanding of the value these methodologies offer. The simulations we utilize are energizing and challenging – and some can be quite competitive, so bring your A-game. Our courses are designed to be mentorship sessions, opportunities for students to spend time with a proven, seasoned expert. It’s a time for questions and answers, a real conversation focused on improving your skill set and your organization.
Real Lean Six Sigma Practitioner Outcomes
- A sustainable annual cost savings of $750 million for the U.S. Air Force through fuel optimization
- Delivery of $4.2 million in recurring annual benefits across the value and supply chains for a seafood company
- Reduction of non-conformances by more than 90 percent in four months and enabling the establishment of a new product line with no requirement for additional personnel and a cost savings of $600,000 per year, for a Fortune 500 plastics company
- Reduction of required loading resources and cycle time by 50 percent and increased fleet and personnel utilization flexibility for a Fortune 500 industrial supply company
- Reduction of client inquiry response time by more than 81 percent for a Fortune 100 company’s regional call center
- Optimization of mission support cycle and acceleration of the throughput of core funding systems by more than 300 percent for the military’s U.S. Africa Command
- Reduction of maintenance and shipping/receiving lead times by 95 percent, FTE utilization by 87 percent across 10 primary product and service lines, and of costs by more than $10 million annually for a Fortune 100 equipment rental firm
Shenandoah University, in partnership with Roxtar Consulting, is offering these sought-after courses during the evening to accommodate your busy schedule, allowing you to retain and use the most information possible.
Courses are offered in Winchester, VA and Leesburg, VA.
Looking to just start out? Begin with the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt!
Want to know more? Ask Jim!
Jim Bowie | President, Roxtar Consulting
Learn More About Lean Six Sigma
Become a critical resource and enhance your value to your organization and its customers. This hands-on, interactive training program provides an enhanced practitioner’s comprehension of various process improvement philosophies, methodologies and tools in the Lean Six Sigma system. Statistical concepts and process analyses techniques are explored in depth along with best-practice facilitation and change management methods.
Roxtar provided guidance on my projects, openly shared their wealth of knowledge and experience with me, and has challenged me by raising the bar of expectations on what it takes to deliver a project.” —Improvement Manager | NSW at NBN Co Limited
The team from Roxtar dug down to our roots and worked with our team members throughout our organization to find the root cause of our concerns and implement corrective action plans. They were able to get immediate buy-in from our team members simply through the successes demonstrated in our first major Lean event with them. Benefits were reaped immediately and our team craved more. A common phrase among our Assembly Department arose – “When is Roxtar coming back?”. Thanks Roxtar for laying the ground work to get us moving forward on a continuous improvement plan!” —Manufacturing Manager at GVM, Inc.
- Lean Six Sigma training and certification offerings support a variety of employment and advancement opportunities, associated position titles and functions.
- Green Belt certification carries considerable weight in the business community and provides job candidates a competitive advantage in securing work and obtaining higher salaries (initial and through promotion).
- Lean Six Sigma effectively improves results across all fields and functions.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for the curious and the hungry, who want to initiate improvement and see it through;this is a huge step in taking your organization to the next level, fortifying your resume, and advancing your career through understanding and applying core concepts of Lean Six Sigma and a structured problem-solving and project management framework.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Learning Outcomes
- Attain and sustain high-impact, measurable improvements in cost, revenue (or budget), quality, and/or speed.
- Understand and apply the scientific method under systemic/enterprise and isolated/local conditions.
- Define, assess,target, and reduce waste and variation in critical systems and processes.
- Analyze data, information, operations, and effects regardless of organization, functional area, or process.
- Apply methods, concepts and tools across existing and new programs and projects.
Course Content Includes But Is Not Limited To:
- Historical Perspectives
- Process Foundations
- Lean Fundamentals
- Building Change
- Project Selection
- Measurement System Analysis
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Basic Statistics
- Defect Prevention
- Process Stability
- Process Capability
- Statistical Process Control
- Inferential Statistics
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Graphic Analyses
- Team Selection
- Stakeholder Management
- Team Facilitation
- Voice of the Customer
- Data Collection
- Visual Management
- Hypothesis Testing
- Failure Mode & Effects Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- Waste Elimination
Register For Upcoming Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Courses
The Shenandoah University Lifelong Learning Center (LLC) is excited to offer a new, game-changing program for working professionals and students. Even better, we are offering these sought-after courses locally during the evening to accommodate busy schedules. The format is engaging, interactive and entertaining, and provides an environment for tailored instruction and personal understanding.
Applied Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (80-hour course) with Roxtar Consulting
Jan. 16 – May 10, 2018
Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 6:30 p.m. to 9:15 p.m.
Offered at two Locations:
Main Campus, Halpin-Harrison Hall, Room 111
600 Millwood Ave., Winchester, VA 22601
Scholar Plaza, Loudoun, Room 202
44160 Scholar Plaza, Leesburg, VA 20176
$6,000 per student
Additional materials fee of $150 for all students to be payable during the first class for required course texts.
Optional Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification is available through Roxtar, Inc. Certification requires notifying your instructor of your intent to pursue certification on the first day of class, completion of projects throughout the course, passing a final assessment upon course completion, and payment of a $100 certification fee.
Enroll now by following the instructions below:
- Enter “sigma” in the field labeled “Search For (Key Word)”
- Select (check the box for) Applied Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (80 hours – Team Leader)
- Course numbers which include “CLL 1” are offered at the Winchester campus
- Course numbers which include “CLL 2” are offered at the Leesburg campus
- Click “Submit” and continue through the registration process
Companies who wish to pay by invoice, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 540-665-5442
Companies and individuals wishing to pay by credit card, please use the enrollment instructions above.
Want to know more about Six Sigma? Ask Jim!
Jim Bowie | President, Roxtar Consulting