Improve Your Organization’s Speed, Quality, Efficiency, Customer Satisfaction, And Profitability With A Repeatable, Scientific Methodology And A Set Of Proven Tools.
Remove the waste (using Lean) and variation (using Six Sigma) that is bogging you down. Applied Lean Six Sigma training offers proven success, with benefits ranging from controlled project management to advanced problem-solving. This training combines lean manufacturing/lean enterprise and Six Sigma training to reduce waste and eliminate defects in all areas of business, benefiting everything from project management to problem-solving.
The results were beyond what I thought possible…a coaching style that keeps you striving for more – to never settle. Even when you think you have achieved perfection, Roxtar will keep you looking for more and you will find it.” —District Manager at United Rentals
What can you expect from the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training?—Something great, creative, and different.
The learning experience will be extremely interactive and tailored to the needs of the participants. The instructors have a wide breadth of experience, and can produce examples from practically every organization type (commercial (manufacturing and service), government and military, non-profit, etc.) and the entire spectrum of functional areas (IT, HR, R&D, finance, engineering, sales, contracting, etc.).
We will cover academic material so students understand the foundational theories, but this is coupled with practical applications to solidify a firm understanding of the value these methodologies offer. The simulations we utilize are energizing and challenging – and some can be quite competitive, so bring your A-game. Our courses are designed to be mentorship sessions, opportunities for students to spend time with a proven, seasoned expert. It’s a time for questions and answers, a real conversation focused on improving your skill set and your organization.
Real Lean Six Sigma Practitioner Outcomes
- A sustainable annual cost savings of $750 million for the U.S. Air Force through fuel optimization Delivery of $4.2 million in recurring annual benefits across the value and supply chains for a seafood company.
- Helping a Fortune 500 plastics company save $600,000, as it established a new product line, and use no additional personnel in the process.
- An 81 percent reduction in client response time for a Fortune 100 company’s regional call center
$10 million annual cost reductions for a Fortune 100 equipment rental firm.
Shenandoah University, in partnership with Roxtar Consulting, is offering these sought-after courses during the evening to accommodate your busy schedule, allowing you to retain and use the most information possible.
Courses are offered in Winchester, VA and Leesburg, VA.
Want to know more? Ask Jim!
Jim Bowie | President, Roxtar Consulting
Learn More About Lean Six Sigma
Start your journey towards operational excellence the right way. This hands-on, interactive training program provides a foundational comprehension of various process improvement philosophies, methodologies, and tools in the Lean Six Sigma system. Statistical concepts and process analyses techniques are explored along with best-practice facilitation and change management methods.
Roxtar provided guidance on my projects, openly shared their wealth of knowledge and experience with me, and has challenged me by raising the bar of expectations on what it takes to deliver a project.” —Improvement Manager | NSW at NBN Co Limited
The team from Roxtar dug down to our roots and worked with our team members throughout our organization to find the root cause of our concerns and implement corrective action plans. They were able to get immediate buy-in from our team members simply through the successes demonstrated in our first major Lean event with them. Benefits were reaped immediately and our team craved more. A common phrase among our Assembly Department arose – “When is Roxtar coming back?”. Thanks Roxtar for laying the ground work to get us moving forward on a continuous improvement plan!” —Manufacturing Manager at GVM, Inc.
- Lean Six Sigma training and certification offerings support a variety of employment and advancement opportunities, associated position titles and functions.
- Yellow Belt certification has emerged on the scene and provides job candidates with a competitive advantage in securing work and obtaining higher salaries (initial and through promotion).
- Lean Six Sigma effectively improves results across all fields and functions.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for folks who are serious about improving their organizations – this is the first step in taking your organization to the next level, fortifying your resume, and advancing your career through understanding and applying core concepts of Lean Six Sigma and a structured problem-solving and project management framework.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Learning Outcomes
- Understand and apply the scientific method under systemic/enterprise and isolated/local conditions.
- Define, assess, target and reduce waste and variation in critical systems and processes.
- Apply methods, concepts and tools across existing and new programs and projects.
Course Content Includes But Is Not Limited To:
- Historical Perspectives
- Process Foundations
- Lean Fundamentals
- Building Change
- Project Selection
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Graphic Analyses
- Team Selection
- Stakeholder Management
- Team Facilitation
- Voice of the Customer
- Data Collection
- Failure Mode & Effects Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- Waste Elimination
- Statistical Process Control
- Visual Management
- Standard Operating Procedures
Register For Upcoming Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Courses
The Shenandoah University Lifelong Learning Center (LLC) is excited to offer a new, game-changing program for working professionals and students. Even better, we are offering these sought-after courses locally during the evening to accommodate busy schedules. The format is engaging, interactive and entertaining, and provides an environment for tailored instruction and personal understanding.
Applied Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (24-hour course) with Roxtar Consulting
March 12 – April 30, 2018
Mondays 6 pm-9 pm
Offered at two Locations:
Main Campus, Halpin-Harrison Hall, Room 111
600 Millwood Ave., Winchester, VA 22601
Scholar Plaza, Loudoun, Room 202
44160 Scholar Plaza, Leesburg, VA 20176
$2,500 per student
Additional materials fee of $100 for all students to be payable during the first class for required course texts.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification is included with this course.
Enroll now by following the instructions below:
- Enter “sigma” in the field labeled “Search For (Key Word)”
- Select (check the box for)Applied Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (24 hours – Team Member)
- Course numbers which include “CLL 1” are offered at the Winchester campus
- Course numbers which include “CLL 2” are offered at the Leesburg campus
- Click “Submit” and continue through the registration process
Companies who wish to pay by invoice, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 540-665-5442
Companies and individuals wishing to pay by credit card, please use the enrollment instructions above.
Want to know more about Six Sigma? Ask Jim!
Jim Bowie | President, Roxtar Consulting