LET’S GO HORNETS, LET’S GO!
The Cheerleading team represents the spirit of Shenandoah University. The Cheerleaders consist of members of the Shenandoah student body with different majors and backgrounds but the same love for Shenandoah University and the sport of cheerleading. Led by Laura Hendrix, the Hornet Cheerleaders are positive representatives of Shenandoah University.
The Hornet Cheerleading team cheers and performs at all home football games and men ‘s basketball games. At all games, the cheerleaders perform an entertaining halftime show with stunts, dance and cheer to today’s popular music. To prepare for games and halftime shows, the Hornet cheerleaders practice twice a week and have mandatory work-outs. In addition to sideline cheerleading, the Hornet Cheer Team has added competitive cheerleading to their duties.
The Hornet Cheerleading team is on its way to being one of the best in our division! Each year we make our try-out requirements more extensive to ensure that we are continuing to have only the best and most dedicated cheerleaders on our squad. Please read through each requirement, since it may have changed since the beginning of our last season.
Every cheerleader should:
- Have positive attitude and pride in Shenandoah University
- Have experience in sideline or competitive cheerleading
- Have basic knowledge of cheer and stunting techniques
- Remain in good academic standing with the University and have good conduct in and out of the classroom
- Remain in good physical shape during off season
- Attend pre-season camp and try-outs
Contact us at email@example.com