Summer Programs and Conference
The purpose of Summer Programs staff is to provide the best facilities and services possible to our guests of the university. We strive to provide a positive experience and to make sure our guests feel that they have been listened to and treated with the utmost respect. Our staff work together to attend to your needs through active listening, attention to details, responding quickly to requests, anticipating needs and resolve them. We seek to provide a safe, comfortable, and clean living environment during your stay at Shenandoah University.
Shenandoah University has established a one-stop-shop approach to provide information for summer program/conference organizers seeking to host a program/conference during the summer.
- Schedule a meeting with Liam “L.A.” St. Hill, Summer Programs Coordinator, to establish a contract for services, availability of facilities and receive general information for a positive experience while hosting a program/conference at Shenandoah University. LA can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In preparation for your summer program/conference, please consider the following: dates of program/conference; approximate number of participants; meeting space needs; meals; housing needs by gender and age; audio/visual needs; and activities during program/conference. This information should be completed on the Summer Programs/Conference Request Form and returned to Liam “L.A.” St. Hill
- Prior to the program/conference arrival date, a complete criminal background check must be conducted for all summer program/conference staff and volunteers working with minors under the age of 18. It is the responsibility of the organizer to provide background checks for all staff and volunteers.
- Proof of insurance is required for all external groups hosting a program/conference at Shenandoah University. All internal groups are covered under the University liability policy. One week prior to your arrival date, please mail proof of insurance to 1460 University Drive, Winchester, VA, 22601 to the attention of Liam “L.A.” St. Hill
- Please submit a final housing roster of program/conference participants, staff members and volunteers to Liam “L.A.” St. Hill at email@example.com two weeks prior to program/conference arrival date. Please use the form found here.
All groups are required to adhere to college policies, regulations, guidelines, and all local, state and federal laws concerning health, safety, and public order. University regulations include but are not limited to the following in University buildings and on University property.
- If your program/conference requires dining services, you will be contacted by Dave Grumbacher, Catering Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-665-4723.
- If your program/conference requires housing, you will be contacted by our Summer Programs staff to discuss housing assignments.
- For Shenandoah University internal groups with Business Office questions regarding methods for payment and budget transfers, please contact Tammy Marco, Cash Receipts Supervisor, at email@example.com or 540-665-3490.
For more information, contact:
Liam “L.A.” St. Hill
Summer Programs Coordinator