The GCP 2020 Application Deadline was Monday, September 9, 2019.
Please carefully read and note the following Global Citizenship Project information:
- I am currently an active full-time, degree-seeking student, faculty member or staff member at Shenandoah University.**
- I am in good academic and social standing with the university and will remain so during the term of the trip.
- I have no plans to graduate from Shenandoah University before the announced dates for the GCP program and I intend to be with Shenandoah University to assist with the next GCP.
- I agree that being a participant in the GCP program obligates me to be involved in next year’s GCP program to help promote it and orient new participants in the process.
- I agree to notify the Study Abroad advisor immediately should my active full-time status with the University change for any reason.
- I must be fully available for travel during the spring break.
- I am fully willing and able to participate in rigorous physical activity, to bring my own medications needed during the trip, and to live in accommodations that may be more primitive than my norm.
- I have health and medical insurance currently and I agree to maintain coverage of health and medical insurance throughout the GCP program inclusive of all travel dates.
- I must submit copies of each all required travel documents using the online application system by the deadlines listed.
- I understand that accommodations for disabilities outside of the United States of America are not always governed by US legal requirements and that accommodations may or may not be able to be made. I understand that should I require accommodations, a request should be made to the Study Abroad Advisor and the Director of Academic Support Services immediately in order to arrange any possible accommodations.
- I must submit a clear and clean copy of the photo pages of my passport (picture must be clear) OR a copy of the completed Passport Application Form (with the mailing date written at the top) to the Study Abroad office within two weeks of the announcement of my selection to participate in the GCP program.
- If I do not yet have a passport, I will apply for a passport within one week of announcement of my selection to participate in the GCP program and that immediately upon receiving my passport I will submit a clear and clean copy of the photo pages of my passport (picture must be clear). NOTE: Passport application fees are at the participant’s own expense.
- I understand that some personal expenses of the GCP program will be my responsibility to cover including visa application fees (if applicable), immunizations (required or elected), some meals, entry/exit taxes or fees, and other such miscellaneous costs.
- I understand that should I need to withdraw from the program for any reason or if I am withdrawn for reasons of dismissal from the program, that I may have financial obligations to reimburse Shenandoah University for any expenditures made on my behalf and that Shenandoah University may bill my account for these expenditures.
- I am a citizen of the United States of America OR, if not, I have indicated my country of citizenship on the application so that immigration research can be done with respect to my travel to the assigned destination country. I also understand that if special visas or immigrations arrangements are necessary that I am responsible for covering the costs for any visa arrangements.
- I am obligated to participate fully in the pre-travel orientation and learning programs
- I am obligated to participate fully in other pre-travel orientation and learning programs as specified by my project leader.
- I will participate fully with GCP during post-travel events.
**Shenandoah University employees receiving full-time benefits are eligible to apply for GCP