- This event has passed.
Webinar for Alumni: Age-Proof Your Brain: How to Boost Your Memory and Lower Your Risk for Dementia
November 10 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Age-Proof Your Brain: How to Boost Your Memory and Lower Your Risk for Dementia begins at noon (EST) on Thursday, Nov. 10. This webinar is provided FREE of charge to all Shenandoah University alumni, courtesy of the Alumni Association.
Do you tirelessly work on crossword puzzles or sudoku to keep your brain fit? Do you have trouble remembering why you walked into a room? Your memory is amazing, fascinating, and mysterious. In many ways, your brain is also your most precious possession. In this thought-provoking webinar, Dr. Marc Milstein, a brain health specialist and author of The Age-Proof Brain: New Strategies to Improve Memory, Protect Immunity, and Fight Off Dementia, will present the latest solutions to preserving, protecting, and boosting your memory.
You will learn the following:
- – How to protect your precious brain from memory loss and age-related mental decline.
- – Science-based memory-boosting tips you can start using today.
- – What you can eat to help your memory and lower the risk of dementia.
- – The common, surprising, and often hidden health issues that significantly raise the risk of losing your memory.
- – The shocking new research on what accelerates dementia.
- – Three usable brain-based tips to remember everyday items like people’s names, where you parked your car, and what you wanted in the refrigerator.
About the author: Dr. Marc Milstein, author of The Age-Proof Brain: New Strategies to Improve Memory, Protect Immunity, and Fight Off Dementia, specializes in taking the leading scientific research on brain health and presenting it in a way that entertains, educates, and empowers his audience to live better. He earned his Ph.D. in Biological Chemistry and his Bachelor of Science in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology. Dr. Milstein has researched genetics, cancer biology, and neuroscience, and his work has been published in multiple scientific journals.
To register, visit alumlc.org/su. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.