- This event has passed.
Webinar for Alumni: Every Conversation Counts: The 5 Habits of Human Connection That Build Extraordinary Relationships
August 10 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Every Conversation Counts: The 5 Habits of Human Connection That Build Extraordinary Relationships begins at noon (EST) on Tuesday, Aug. 10. This webinar is provided FREE of charge to all Shenandoah University alumni, courtesy of the Alumni Association.
You are one conversation away from changing your life. We all crave connection. We were never meant to live alone or communicate only in “likes” and retweets. In an age of polarization, disconnection, and shallow substitutes for genuine relationships, every professional needs to know how to build, maintain and reignite genuine relationships with clients and colleagues alike. With his years of experience interviewing established leaders in business, entertainment, and innovation, TV host and human connection expert, Riaz Meghji will offer practical tools to combat isolation and build deeper relationships.
In this deep-dive webinar, you will learn:
• How to spark genuine, authentic conversations to make meaningful connections, personally and professionally,
• How to listen without distraction and make your small talk bigger,
• How to de-escalate conflict and collaborate effectively by leading with assertive empathy,
• How to craft and tell compelling stories that will motivate your audience to take action,
• How to ask questions that create breakthrough moments in any conversation.
This engaging experience is a candid and far-ranging look at how creative conversations can help you reinvent yourself, re-energize your relationships, and further develop your business.
About the author: Riaz Meghji, author and human connection expert and broadcast television veteran, was a host on Citytv’s Breakfast Television, MTV Canada, TEDxVancouver, CTV News, and the Toronto International Film Festival. He has interviewed thousands of experts about human connection and collaboration, undertaking critical training that helped shape the tangible takeaways he shares in his new book, Every Conversation Counts.