Position: Professor and Vice Chair of Pharmacy Practice
Location: D3330 - ICPH - Fairfax
Phone: (540) 542-6288
Employed Since: 2004
Pharm.D., Medical College of Virginia Virginia Commonwealth University; PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, McGuire Veterans Affairs Medical Center / Virginia Commonwealth University; American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy 2012 – 2013 Academic Leadership Fellows Program
Fields of Expertise:
- Ambulatory Care (including anticoagulation, hyperlipidemia, hypertension, asthma, osteoporosis, diabetes)
- Women’s health
- Respiratory diseases (asthma and smoking cessation)
- Medication noncompliance,
- Over-the-counter medications.
SU School of Pharmacy Preceptor of the Year 2011
Research peer-reviewed manuscripts:
1. Adams EN, Conry J, Heaton P, Ramsinghani S, Rodgers P, Eddington N. Student Pharmacists’ Perceptions of Access to Student Organization Opportunities and Student Services at Colleges/Schools of Pharmacy With Satellite Campuses. Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2015; 7(2): 185-191.
2. Zentgraf W, Adams EN, Prather C. Evaluation of Provider Interpretation and Implementation of the 2019 American College of Cardiology and American Heart Association Aspirin for Primary Prevention guideline recommendations for older adults. The Senior Care Pharmacist Journal. Accepted for publication 2021.
3. Woods, K, Adams EN, Elsobky T, Darr A, Brackbill M. Moving Assessment Online: Experiences within a School of Pharmacy. Online Learning Journal, Volume 25, Issue 1, March 2021, Pages 245 – 252.
4. Adams EN, Marks A. Asthma Maintenance: An Update on New Medications. US Pharm. 2010;35(7):49-53.
5. Adams EN, Parnapy S, Baultista P. Herpes Zoster and Vaccination: A Clinical Review. AJHP. 2010; 67: 724 -727.
6. Banko H, Goldwater S, Adams EN. Smoothing the Path for IV to PO Conversion – Where Have We Come in 10 Years? Hospital Pharmacy. 2010; 44(11): 959-967.
7. Adams EN, Marks A, Lizer, M. Carbamazepine-Induced Hyperammonemia in a Patient with a History of Valproic Acid-Induced Hyperammonemia. J Health Syst Pharm.2009; 66:1468-1470.
8. Masters K, Adams EN, Richard C. Evaluating the Utility of a Formulary Project in the Nonprescription Medicines Course. IJPEP. 2009;5(1).
9. Adams EN, Marks A. Continuing Education: Asthma Diagnosis and Management: Identification of New Guidelines. US Pharm. 2008;33(10):30-44.
10. Marks A, Adams EN. The Role of Vaccination in the Prevention of Pneumococcal Disease. US Pharmacist. 2008;33(7):36-43.
11. Kennedy DT, Paulson, DM, Eddy TD, Patel PC, Patkar AD, Holdford DA, Genina VY, Griffin EN. A Smoking-Cessation Program Consisting of Extensive Counseling, Pharmacotherapy, and Office Spirometry: Results of a Pilot Project in a Veterans Administration Medical Center.
Pharmacotherapy. 2004; 24(10):1400-7.
Peer-reviewed Clinical-review manuscript:
1. Prather C, Adams EN, Zentgraf W. Romosozumab: A first-in-class sclerostin inhibitor for osteoporosis, American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy, Volume 77, Issue 23, 1 December 2020, Pages 1949–1956.
1. Adams EN. “Diarrhea.” Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs Quick Reference. 1st Ed. Miranda Wilhelm, Cortney Mospan. APhA, 2019.
2. Adams EN. “Burns and Sunburns.” Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs Quick Reference. 1st Ed. Miranda Wilhelm, Cortney Mospan. APhA, 2019.
3. Adams EN. “Eye Disorders.” Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs Quick Reference. 1st Ed. Miranda Wilhelm, Cortney Mospan. APhA, 2019.
1. Edmond M, Adams EN, Prather C, Zentgraf W. Impact of more lenient A1C goals on hypoglycemic episodes in type 2 diabetic food insecure patients. American Pharmacists Association Incentive Grant. 2020 – 2021. (Funded)
Married w/ 2 children