Position: Associate Professor of Nursing
Location: 250, HLSB
Phone: (540) 678-4359
BS in Nursing, Yonsei University; Ph.D., University of Nebraska Medical Center
Fields of Expertise:
– Research on Family Caregiving Burden with Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
– Research on the Relationship between Family Caregiving Burden and the likelihood of Elder Mistreatment
– Research on Active Learning Strategies and Students’ Learning Outcomes
– Teaching expertise contents: Medical Surgical Nursing and Nursing Foundations
– Author of two nursing textbooks in Elsevier Korea, and ten research articles published in either SCIs or Scopus level of journals
– Have worked in multiple higher educational institutions both nationally and internationally
– Created an international study abroad program at Rutgers SON and ran the program with an excellent course outcomes
• Park, E. O. Lee, K. E., Sinacori, B., and Park, D. (2022). Risk Factors in Older Adults and Primary Caregivers for Elder Mistreatment from the View of Healthcare Professionals. Manuscript submitted to Acta Paulista de Enfermagem, Resubmitted and under review.
• Park, E. O. (2022). Using Wrist-Worn Interface (WWI) by Family Informal Caregivers of Older People with Chronic Conditions as An Objective and Real-time Intervention in Mitigating Elder Mistreatment. Submitted to National Academy of Medicine and under peer review.
• Park, E. O. (2019). Analysis of the effectiveness of international nursing practicums over national nursing practicums. Acta Paulista de Enfermagem, 32(2), 153-161.
• Park, E. O. (2019). Most Prevalent type of elder abuse and its correlation with elder depression. Acta Paulista de Enfermagem, 32(1), 95-100.
• Park, E. O., & Park, J. (2018). A quasi-experimental study on the effectiveness of flipped classroom for teaching adult health nursing. Japan Journal of Nursing Science, 15(2), 125-134.
• Yates, B. C., Park, E. O., Hug, A., Kupzyk, K. a., &Skradski, S. K. (2018). Changes over time in caregiving demand and difficulty in spousal caregivers of coronary artery bypass graft surgery patients. Applied Nursing Research, 39, 1-3.
• Translated the book “Critical thinking, clinical reasoning, and clinical judgment: A practical approach” into Korean (2018). Hyunmoon, Seoul, S. Korea: Park, E. O.
Found from the link at http://m.yes24.com/Goods/
• Park, E. O., Yates, B. C., Meza, J., Kosloski, K., & Pullen, C. (2016). Spousal caregivers of coronary artery bypass surgery patients: differences between caregivers with low vs. high caregiving demand. Rehabilitation Nursing, 41(5), 260-269.
• Park, E. O., & Park, J. (2016). A meta-analysis on flipped learning: conditions for successful application and future research direction. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 27(1), 169-178.
• Translated the book “Preparing and knowing beforehand the national examination- by nursing prioritization, delegation, and assignment” (2015). Elsevier Korea, Seoul, S. Korea: Park, E. O.
Found from the link at http://mitem.gmarket.co.kr/
• Park, E. O., & Jang, G. (2015). The prevalence of hypertension in Haiti: A retrospective study. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 26(4), 1007-1015.
• Park, E. O., & Schumacher, K. L. (2014). The state of the science of family caregiver -care receiver mutuality: a systematic review. Nursing Inquiry, 21(2), 140-152.
• Park, E. O., Yates, B.C., Schumacher, K. L., Meza, J., Kosloski, K., & Pullen, C. (2013). Caregiving Demand and Difficulty in Elderly Spousal Caregivers after Coronary Artery Surgery. Geriatric Nursing, 34(5), 383-7.
• Lee, O. (Esther) (June 28, 2012) A dissertation for the degree of doctor of philosophy: The experience of caregiving in spouses of patients with coronary artery bypass surgery and cancer, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE.
“All things work together for good.”
– Served as a Director of Undergraduate Traditional Nursing Program at Rutgers University
– Chair of Curriculum Committee and charring CCNE/ACEN accreditation for the curriculum parts at Daegu University
– IRB member at University of Bridgeport
– 11 years of Clinical Experience in Intensive Care Units (ICU) Both in Korea and USA