Position: Director, Special International Initiatives & Assistant Professor of ESL (adjunct)
Phone: (540) 533-1230
Employed Since: 2018
B.A., Hispanic Languages and Literature, The State University at New York at Stony Brook
M.A., TESOL (Applied Linguistics focus), The State University at New York at Stony Brook
Ed.D., Curriculum and Instruction (TESOL ; Adult learner focus), Liberty University and Texas A&M University
Fields of Expertise:
- ESL Teacher Training
- Language Program Strategic Planning, Administration, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Second Language Acquisition and Literacy
- Applied Linguistics
- Best Practices for Adult and k-12 ELL Curriculum and Instruction
- Instructional and Learning Technology in Second Language Acquisition; Intercultural and Multicultural Communication and Education.
- US State Department: English Language Specialist Program (2010-present): I have overseen a variety of international short term projects for the US State Department in conjunction with Georgetown University (host nation special project requests, k-12 education, and university level projects).
- TESOL Arabia Academic Journal, Perspectives (2010-2017): I was on the Advisory Board for TESOL Arabia’s academic journal overseeing academic research publication review through peer review and editorial processes.
- 1988 to present: My career has spanned more than 20 years. From a foreign language instructor in New York and Pennsylvania, English Language Specialist for the US State Department (internationally), researcher, peer reviewer, college professor and education consultant for ESL and second language acquisition issues, I have put the learner’s needs at the heart of my service.
“Shenandoah University is a supportive and positive environment for university level English language learners.”
My husband and I enjoy time together gardening, traveling, cooking, and reading with our three sons.