Review the business needs for current students in your graduate program.
If you need assistance, please contact Hornet Central at 540-665-4514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is an online registration period for each term. The dates for online registration are listed on the academic calendar. Students who register during online registration will be required to pay tuition by the published due dates listed on the academic calendar and in the How to Pay Your Tuition and Fees section.
Students who choose to register after the online registration period has closed, will need to submit a completed paper registration form that has been signed by their advisor to Hornet Central. This form can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com. Tuition payment is due at the time of registration. Students who enroll during the add/drop period will be assessed a late registration fee.
Tuition, fees, and housing rates are available to view by academic year and school/program.
A nonrefundable 1.5% surcharge is imposed on the transaction amount of all credit card payments, which is not greater than the cost of acceptance.
A surcharge is not imposed on the usage of Debit cards. If you use your Debit card to make payment, please first check your daily spending limit set by your bank.
Electronic Checks can be made online, a $3.00 fee will be applied to electronic check payments.
2020-2021 Tuition Due Dates:
- Fall Term: August 14
- Spring Terms: December 18
- Summer Term I: May 17
- Summer Term II: June 15
View Your Account Statement And Make A Payment
Students must be registered for classes and have an outstanding balance on their student account to be able to pay online.
- Login to Hornet Hub
- Your username and password are sent to you via email from the Admissions Office
- Select “Student Finance”
- Select “Make a Payment” from the drop down menu. You may not make a payment unless there is a balance due.
- To view your account, select “Account Activity” from the drop down menu at the top of the page and select the applicable term.
- Login to Hornet Hub
Students may grant Parent/Person Proxy access to a person of their choice.
To grant Parent/Person Proxy access, the student must:
- Login to Hornet Hub
- Click on student’s name at the top right of page
- Choose View/Add Proxy Access from drop down menu
- Please note that you must enter the parent/person’s current/existing email address so the parent/person can receive his/her username and password.
Once a parent has been granted Parent/Proxy access, parent must:
- Login as a Parent/Person Proxy using the parent/person’s username and password
- Select the student name, not the parent/person name, from list on the Person Proxy page
- Select Student Finance
- Select Make a Payment
If you will be mailing a check, be sure to provide the student’s full name and Shenandoah ID number with the check. Please mail payment to the following address:
1460 University Drive
Winchester, VA 22601
Shenandoah University Payment Plan
Shenandoah offers the option to divide your tuition bill into 4 monthly payments per term.
- Fall payments are due August through November.
- Spring payments are due December through March.
For more information visit Shenandoah University Payment Plan.
The deadline to submit the payment plan application is July 20.
- Visit Shenandoah University Bookstore
- Enter required fields to obtain books needed for each course
If you have a credit balance on your student account and would like to purchase Hornet Dollars, which can be used in the bookstore to purchase books, please download, print, complete and scan and email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the Friday of the first week of the term.
Lost cards should be reported immediately to the Auxiliary Services Office. A replacement card will be issued by Auxiliary Services. A replacement fee will be charged to your student account. Payment may be made online via Hornet Hub.
For safety and financial reasons, your old card will be deactivated.
Refunds are issued to students who have a credit balance on their student accounts after tuition, fees and other applicable charges have been paid. In the fall and spring terms, refunds are issued on the second Friday of the term. Refunds are issued via direct deposit. In order to receive your refund, follow the instructions.
Banking information must be entered 3 weeks prior to the start of the term. If you have already entered banking information, you do not need to do so again unless you are changing bank accounts.