These directions are designed to help you write documents with the dictation & speech features of your MacBook Pro. You will also be able to have text read to you when proofreading what you have written. These can also include Web pages when doing research! Just follow these directions to set up your computer. SETTING UP DICTATION
- In the menu bar, click on the Apple icon and choose System Preferences.
- Click on the that is shown in the fourth line.
- Under Dictation, choose On
Now you will be able to dictate what you want your computer to type for you when you press the fn key twice. Launch Word or any other text-editing program and try it out! Once the words are typed into the document, re-read it and revise/edit. Use the TOOLS option in Word and choose to check your spelling/grammar! SETTING UP TEXT TO SPEECH
- Now go back into the System preferences and choose but this time select the Text to Speech option.
- Play with the different system voices and speaking rate and choose what you prefer to hear. Click Play to test it out.
- Then click to choose Speak selected text when the key is pressed. Leave the current key to Option + Esc (do not change key).