The Shenandoah University Office of Admissions invites applications for the position of Admissions Counselor. The University seeks sharp, dedicated candidates to provide a high quality of service to prospective students and families throughout the recruitment and enrollment processes. This is a full time benefitted position located on our main campus in Winchester, Virginia.
The admissions counselor participates in all activities necessary to recruit students to Shenandoah University in order to meet enrollment goals. Counselors must provide a high quality of service to prospective students and families throughout the recruitment and enrollment processes.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting prospective students at the inquiry, application, acceptance, and deposit stages of the enrollment process. This includes working independently and as a member of the admissions and enrollment teams, as well as utilizing data to analyze impact and progress of recruitment efforts within the given territory.
- Implementing recruitment strategies and initiating, planning, and executing special projects in conjunction with enrollment goals and objectives.
- Enthusiastically and professionally representing the university at off-campus recruitment events. This includes participation in college fairs and high school visits;
- Assisting in the coordinating, planning and executing campus visits for prospective students, families, and school groups, which requires collaborating with other university departments
- Giving admissions presentations to large and small groups as well as providing campus tours of main campus and other buildings, as needed. Fully participating in on-campus recruitment events that occur throughout the year.
- Using Microsoft and Apple environments, including Word and Excel, and utilizing various admissions technologies, including Hobson’s Radius CRM and other university databases, to maintain student records and communicate with prospective families.
- Reviewing applications and making admissions decisions within established guidelines. Preparing notification letters for applicants.
- Scheduling, coordinating, and implementing special off-site awareness, recruitment and/or yield events to populations within the assigned territory. Developing innovative approaches to developing interest within the territory.
- Coordination, monitoring, reporting of progress of recruiting programs to special populations, such Presidential Scholars program and Guaranteed Admissions for Graduate Health Professions programs.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Attention to details, ability to prioritize and complete tasks, and meet deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills are essential
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to adapt to, and utilize, numerous technology applications appropriately
- A basic understanding of how to use data in order to accomplish a goal
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends and for overnight travel with a schedule averaging 12 weeks per year.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. into and out of a vehicle.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and ability to pass a driving background check.
Complete applications will include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected. A pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of employment.
Click HERE to apply for this position. On the resulting page, click on the “Admissions Counselor” job title written in blue under the heading “Latest Job Listings” on the left side of that screen; then click one of the “Resume/CV” button choices in the “Apply” box at the bottom of the posting to input your information. If this is the first time you will have applied to a Shenandoah University position using this new process, please choose the “New” option and be prepared to upload the previously mentioned documents.
Shenandoah University does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://shenandoahuniversity-careers.silkroad.com/ →