Shenandoah Conservatory, an All-Steinway School, seeks an artist-level piano technician to oversee the management and maintenance of a fleet of 120 pianos. Strong preference will be given to Steinway-trained and Registered Piano Technicians at the Examiner level.
The Lead Piano Technician is a full-time and benefitted position. Preferred start date is August 1, 2017. The successful candidate will manage a maintenance plan (and small group of part-time piano technicians as needed) to ensure quality upkeep and maintenance of all keyboard instruments, and will personally perform maintenance, voicing, regulation, and repair on all premier instruments as needed. The position requires an average forty hours weekly, but not always at regularly set times (evening and weekends required, as needed).
- Extensive experience and training in the repair and maintenance of Steinway pianos;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a highly professional level of communication with faculty, staff, students and guest artists; and
- Strong time management and excellent project management skills, with a proven ability to prioritize maintenance work around intensive concert, teaching, and conservatory schedules.
- Tune and maintain concert grand pianos for a rigorous performance schedule including premier guest artist performance series, faculty, ensemble and student recitals;
- Tune and maintain piano faculty instruments;
- Supervise tuning and maintenance for all conservatory spaces including classrooms, teaching studios, practice rooms and recording studio, as well as other university-related spaces on occasion; and
- Carefully manage relevant budgets.
Complete applications will include a cover letter addressing the required qualifications, resume, and the names & contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected. A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required. If the requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will also be required.
Click HERE to apply for this position. At the resulting page, click on the “Lead Piano Technician” job title written in blue under the heading “Latest Job Listings” on the left side of that screen; then click one of the “Resume/CV” button choices in the “Apply” box at the bottom of the posting to input your information. If this is the first time you will have applied to a Shenandoah University position using this system, please choose the “New” option. Be prepared to upload the previously referenced documents as you go through this process.
About Shenandoah University and the Conservatory: Founded in 1875, Shenandoah University is the private, nationally recognized applied liberal arts institution, located in historic Winchester, Virginia. Shenandoah’s close-knit community is rich in creative energy and intellectual challenge. Shenandoah empowers its students to help the human condition and to be principled professionals and leaders wherever they go. Over 700 students are enrolled in Conservatory baccalaureate, masters and doctoral curricula in the areas of music, theater and dance, and are taught by a dynamic and diverse faculty of over 125, half of whom are full-time. www.su.edu/conservatory
Shenandoah University is a diverse institution of approximately 3,900 students enrolled in baccalaureate, masters and doctoral curricula in business, arts and sciences, health professions and performing arts. Shenandoah University is an independent, coeducational institution affiliated with the United Methodist Church and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Please visit www.su.edu for more information.
Shenandoah University does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://shenandoahuniversity-careers.silkroad.com/ →