- This event has passed.
April 17 - April 18| $5 – $10 Get Tickets
Saturday, April 17 at 2:30PM
Sunday, April 18 at 2:30PM
Book, Lyrics and Melodies by Melvin Tunstall, III
Music by Wendy Cavett
Shenandoah Conservatory’s musical theatre department presents a staged reading of a new musical in development. Set in the fantastical world of the flower kingdom, BLooM! is a new musical that follows Lily, a beautiful Daylily, and her journey to the botanical metropolis of Eternal Spring for the crowning of the Bloom Princess. But when a forbidden attraction to a Moonbeam turns her world upside down, Lily must choose whether to follow the rules of Mother Nature or the laws of attraction. BLooM! explores that light and dark which resides in each of us, shaping our destinies . . . leading us to our own, unique BLooM!
Approximate Run Time: 2 hours
TICKET & SEATING INFO
General Admission Chair Seating: $10
A limited number of chairs are available for this event in a reserved section closest to the stage. Seating is limited; advance purchase recommended to ensure your seat. For everyone’s safety, chairs will be individually spaced 6 feet apart and should not be moved. Chair seating includes a full view of the stage.
General Admission Lawn Seating: $5
Bring your own blanket or chair and enjoy the performance from a special lawn area. Audiences in the lawn seating area will be required to socially distance and may have an obstructed view of the stage.
How to Purchase & Box Office Information
The Box Office is temporarily closed for on-site advanced purchases. Tickets for this event may be purchased in advance online or by calling the Box Office at (540) 665-4569 from 12PM to 5PM Monday through Friday. A limited number of tickets will be available for purchase on-site on the day of the performance beginning two hours prior to the show. The Box Office will be located outside Ohrstrom-Bryant Theatre.
COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY
- Masks are required for performers, staff and audiences at all times (including indoor and outdoor spaces).
- Regardless of vaccination status, all attendees must complete a symptom tracker and show proof of completion on the day of the concert. Any attendees with COVID-19-related symptoms or recent exposure to COVID-19 will not be permitted. A symptom tracker can be accessed in the following ways:
- Shenandoah Go app (preferred method; available for free download)
- Shenandoah Conservatory Visitor Symptom Check Google Form (available in advance)
- Shenandoah Conservatory Visitor Symptom Check Paper Form (available on-site)
- All attendees must check in on-site to show their green health pass or visitor symptom check, pick up a wristband and be admitted into the performance venue area.
- Public restrooms are available at the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley. Masks and social distancing are required at all times.
- Food and beverages may not be consumed within the immediate performance venue area.
Shenandoah Go App
Shenandoah University launched the Shenandoah Go app as part of its pledge to keep Shenandoah safe. App users log symptoms into the app each day (even when not on campus and the weekend). Mobile passes are shown to access buildings and activities on campus, including but not limited to dining hall, classes, rehearsals and performances, athletic practice, in-person events and more. Visit www.su.edu to learn more.