Learn to Navigate the Rapidly Changing Environment of
Healthcare Information Technology
Shenandoah University and Inova are partnering to offer a certificate in health informatics for health care professionals like you.
Technology is being implemented across the continuum of health care to improve quality of care, reduce costs and increase patient safety. The healthcare information technology certificate prepares you to participate in informatics initiatives at your institution by demystifying the world of healthcare informatics.
Topics covered in the certificate program include:
- Principles of Health Information Technology (HIT)
- Legal and regulatory aspects of HIT
- Secondary uses of data, clinical documentation, and decision support
- Privacy and security
- Health information exchange
- Creation and management of data repositories
- Population management and HIT
Our all-online program is designed for busy clinicians already practicing in health care. We can help you gain the knowledge and confidence needed to participate in the health care information technology revolution at your practice site.