We are currently not accepting applications for this program.
Innovative Education for the Health Care Revolution
Bernard J. Dunn School of Pharmacy (BJDSOP) Doctor of Pharmacy Pharm.D. graduates that have completed the BJDSOP Graduate Certificate in Pharmacogenomics can apply to complete a research project and earn a Master of Science in Pharmacogenomics and Personalized Medicine (M.S. in PGPM). This Certificate to MS pathway provides the students the opportunity to explore the relationship between an individual’s genetic make-up, their health, and their response to medications. Pharmacogenomics focuses on the use of genomic information to develop the most effective use of medications, including minimizing adverse events. Personalized medicine is a method of disease prevention and treatment for which the healthcare team considers individual variations in genes, environment and lifestyle.
The human genome is the key to the personalized health care of the future. This degree prepares students for career opportunities in biologic technology, at genetic testing laboratories, within the pharmaceutical industry, or to augment areas of clinical practice.
Please direct questions about the program to PGxMasters@su.edu.
Program of Study
Our master’s program provides exclusively online instruction designed to give you the schedule flexibility you need. Students will develop graduate-level critical thinking and analysis, problem solving, scientific inquiry, self-directed learning and the effective use of modern technology for continued enhancement of pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine.
Program topics include:
- Genetic Foundations of Personalized Medicine (from Graduate Certificate)
- Essentials of Pharmacogenomics (from Pharm.D.)
- Pharmacology (from Pharm.D.)
- Pharmacokinetic Principles (from Pharm.D.)
- Applied Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacogenomics I (from Pharm.D.)
- Applied Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacogenomics II (from Pharm.D.)
- Applied Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacogenomics III (from Pharm.D.)
- Genomic Technology and Data Science (from Graduate Certificate)
- Clinical Applications Pharmacogenomics (from Graduate Certificate)
- Pharmacogenomics Literature Evaluation (from Graduate Certificate)
- Analytical Techniques – Pharmacogenomics (from Graduate Certificate)
- Ethics in Genomic Science (from Graduate Certificate)
- Therapeutic Antibodies (from Graduate Certificate)
- Epigenetics (from Graduate Certificate)
- Project in Pharmacogenomics and Personalized Medicine
Meet the Faculty
The Bernard J. Dunn School of Pharmacy recruits faculty who are accomplished teachers, researchers, and clinicians.
Upon acceptance to the M.S. in PGPM Program, the Pharmacogenomics and Personalized Medicine Program Director will become a second advisor, focusing on your MS degree.