The Inova PGY2 ambulatory care residency program was started in 2018 as a partnership with Shenandoah University School of Pharmacy. We provide clinical and administrative training for pharmacists suitable for entry into a patient care role as a clinical pharmacist and to sit for board certification. Training opportunities include but are not limited to: primary care, clinically integrated network, specialty pharmacy, cardiology, endocrinology, oncology, administration, academia, and transitions of care.
The Inova Health System is a fully integrated health system with a strong clinically integrated network of physicians, robust population health management programs, and a joint-ventured health plan with Aetna, Innovation Health. Residents are also given the opportunity to develop and enhance their practice management and leadership skills through focused departmental responsibilities.
- Direct patient care in our ambulatory facilities
- Provision of drug information to members of the medical, nursing, and pharmacy staff
- Participation in quality initiatives designed to improve the medication use process, and the costs associated
- Development of a residency research project, including preparation of a manuscript for publication
- Presentation of a seminar, a complicated patient case, and journal clubs to members of the pharmacy staff
- Participation in the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and Ambulatory Sub-Committee and formulary management activities, including preparation of a formulary monographs and medication use evaluations
- Staffing at our retail and specialty pharmacies
A list of rotations (but not limited to):
- Primary Care
- Inpatient Internal Medicine
- Transitions of Care
- Pharmacy Administration
- Practice Management
- Infectious Disease – HIV
- Specialty Pharmacy
Dr. Maya Edmond is a PGY2 Ambulatory Care Resident with INOVA Health System in Fairfax, VA. Dr. Edmond is originally from Leesburg, VA and received her Doctorate of Pharmacy degree from Hampton University School of Pharmacy in Hampton, VA.
Dr. Edmond completed her PGY-1 training at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore, MD. Her current practice interests include diabetes management, geriatrics and cardiology. Outside of pharmacy, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, exploring new restaurants and discovering new music.
- PGY2 Inova Health System (Residency Brochure)
Residency Program Director:
Jonathan Puhl, Pharm.D.
Ambulatory Clinical Pharmacy Manager
Director Ambulatory PGY2 Pharmacy Residency