COVID-19 Admissions Requirements Accommodations Application Cycle 2020-21
Below are the policies related to Admissions requirements for the 2020-21 application cycle for the Division of Physical Therapy. Please feel free to contact our Admissions Co-chair, Dr. Thomas Turner (email@example.com) if you have any questions or concerns.
- Prerequisite Courses: SUPT will accept Pass/Fail grades for prerequisite courses taken in the Spring 2020, if your College or University does not provide another grade report option. When available, SUPT strongly encourages letter grades for all prerequisite courses to allow the best assessment of applicant readiness in the core courses. This policy will extend to courses delivered in the Summer 2020, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters for institutions that continue to report grades in the Pass/Fail format only.
- General courses (non-prerequisite courses): SUPT will accept Pass/Fail grades for non-prerequisite courses taken in the Spring 2020 semester. This policy will extend to courses delivered in the Summer 2020, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters for institutions that continue to report grades in the Pass/Fail format only.
- On line labs: SUPT already accepts on-line labs for all prerequisite courses EXCEPT gross anatomy. For anatomy labs that are on-line, we will accept those for Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 semesters. This policy will extend to anatomy courses delivered in the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters as applicable.
- Observation hours requirement: SUPT requires applicants to have a minimum of 40 hours of observation under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist. Due to pandemic-related closure of many clinics, the Division will waive this minimum requirement of applicants and accept applications with any amount fewer than the required observation hours for the 2020-21 application cycle.
- GRE requirement: The Educational Testing Service is now providing an “at-home” test for completing the GRE general test (quantitative, verbal and analytical components) for both PC and Mac platforms. As such, SUPT is maintaining the requirement that all applicants complete the GRE general test by the application deadline of October 1, 2020.
- Letters of Recommendation: SUPT requires two letters of reference (LOR); one from a professor that has taught the applicant, preferably in their major and one from a supervising, licensed Physical Therapist. Due to clinic closures, the Division realizes that LORs from supervising PTs may be difficult or impossible to receive. Given that limitation, SUPT will accept a second reference from another professor that has taught the applicant, when the applicant has less than 20 observation hours under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist.