The Shenandoah University PA (SUPA) Program recognizes the unique teaching and assessment challenges presented to academic institutions during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Many institutions adopted a temporary Pass (P)/Fail (F) grading option. For applicants to the SUPA program, the following guidance is provided:
- The SUPA program will accept P/F grades for prerequisite courses and virtual lab experiences taken from spring 2020 through spring 2021 semesters. We prefer to use grades, instead of P/F, for prerequisites.
- Courses including those with laboratory components that were transitioned to an online format during the spring 2020 through the spring 2021 semester will also be accepted.
- Standing degree requirements as posted in admission materials will not change. Candidates may be considered for admission for this cycle if they already have been awarded a Bachelor’s degree or if they anticipate receipt of the degree no later than May 2022.
- In situations where candidates were awarded P/F grades, the grade point average (GPA) for those grades is not impacted in the calculation of GPA. SUPA will only consider the GPAs calculated by CASPA.
- The GPA requirements for program admission will not change. Applicants must still have the following academic requirements to be admitted:
- A minimum 3.0 overall grade point average (GPA)
- A minimum 3.0 overall science GPA
- A minimum 3.0 SUPA Prerequisite GPA
- SUPA does not require health care or shadowing experiences and recognizes that paid, voluntary, or observational health care experiences may have been disrupted due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
* Or comparable quarter(s) if courses taken at institutions with quarter system
Note: Candidates with questions not addressed by this notice may contact the Shenandoah University PA Program by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org