The Personal Librarian Program at Shenandoah University
The Personal Librarian program is a new service for freshman and transfer students. We match every incoming undergraduate student with a professional librarian who can help you with any research involving the University library, collections and services. Your “personal librarian” is someone that you may contact for assistance and advice on the research process and library materials. We’ll keep you posted about what is happening in the library. We can’t do your assignment for you, but we will help you succeed! There is no obligation, but we’ll be here for you when you need us.
Your personal librarian can assist with:
- questions regarding library policies, procedures and services
- locating books, journal articles and audiovisual materials in the library
- explaining how to access library resources which are online
- finding information for your class assignments, including identifying search strategies and locating the reliable sources
- helping when you don’t know where to start
For more information, please contact Christopher Bean, Library Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 665-4553.
Our Personal Librarians: