Electric Vehicle Parking Spaces
Shenandoah University currently has 6 electric vehicle parking spaces. Two are located in the Brandt Student Center Parking Garage near the second level building entrance. Four are located on the bottom level of the new Wilkins Athletic and Event Center Parking Garage. There are charging stations for both standard electric vehicles and Teslas.
Shenandoah University currently operates 5 electric golf-car-type vehicles in support of Student Engagement, Athletics and Physical Plant operations. Electric vehicles have no tailpipe emissions.
Shenandoah University encourages the use of bicycles on campus. This efficient form of transportation reduces our reliance on motorized vehicles on campus, helps eliminate parking congestion, and is a healthy activity.
There are 24 bicycle parking racks on campus located throughout campus:
- 2 at Edwards Residential Village
- 1 at Halpin Harrison Hall
- 1 at Ruebush
- 1 at Armstrong
- 1 at Brandt Student Center, near the garage
- 1 at Shingleton at the south entry
- 1 at Goodson Chapel, lower level
- 2 at Romine (one interior, one exterior)
- 2 at East Campus Commons
- 1 at Parker Hall
- 1 at Racey Hall
- 1 at Funkhouser / Gore
- 1 at Allen Dining Hall patio
- 2 at University Inn
- 1 at Henkel
- 1 at Health and Life Sciences, near Smith Library
- 1 at Wilkins Athletics and Events Center
- 1 at the Rock Parking Garage
- 2 at the Village (Caruthers)