The WAEC is primarily utilized for scheduled weekday activity by intercollegiate athletics.
All Home Basketball and Volleyball Games will be held in the facility. Intercollegiate Athletics has priority in scheduling during both weekdays and weekends.
To request a reservation in the WAEC, please use the Rental Request below and observe the Wilkins Athletics and Events Center Policies page.
- Rental request forms are available for the following events:
- WAEC Facility Rentals
- Birthday Parties
- Rentals and events begin and end at contracted times.
- Rental groups are responsible to clean up and exit the facility no later than the end time of a given contract.
- All rentals include adequate transition time at the end of the rental session to permit “Renter A” to break down/clean up/depart activity space while “Renter B” sets up to begin activity at the start of contracted time. Groups are not permitted to enter the activity space prior to the transition period.
All non-SU, rent-paying organizations utilizing facilities are required to protect themselves with general liability insurance in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage and to hold the University harmless from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action arising from the use of its facilities. It is also recommended that groups have proof of sexual misconduct and molestation coverage for $1,000,000.
Documentation of this insurance must be given prior to the first rental date. If not covered through an organization, please ask for preferred insurance vendors.
The Wilkins Athletics and Events Center collaborates with rental groups desiring to sell souvenirs or Food/Beverage products in conjunction with their events. A percentage or nominal fee is charged for these opportunities if the group is not using the preferred vendors. Users work with Wilkins Athletics and Events Center staff to organize order quantities and other details and to comply with Frederick County Health Department regulations.
All vendors, exhibits, and displays must be directly related to and supportive of the event, appropriate to the overall mission of Shenandoah University, and compliant with Shenandoah University Solicitation Policy.
Organizers may advertise and sell products or services in the exhibit/display area to participants attending the host event. The Wilkins Athletics and Events Center reserves the right to refuse space to any organization or activity that fails to meet the Procedures or Standard of the Shenandoah University Solicitation Policy.
Any activity involving an open flame or heat is prohibited indoors. The Wilkins Athletics and Events Center follows the Commonwealth of Virginia statutes, which prohibit the possession of weapons (including firearms whether operable or inoperable, swords, knives with blades over 2 inches in length, etc.), on University property.
The WAEC Staff must approve all decorations used in the WAEC before event set up begins. You are not allowed to tape or post anything on the walls. Nails, glitter, confetti, silly string, open flames, and fog machines are prohibited. Any decorations or equipment that is to be hung from the ceiling and rafters must be approved before event set up begins.
It is the responsibility of the Group to clean up and remove all decorations within one hour of the ending time specified in the agreement. The WAEC will not be responsible for any items left at the conclusion of the event. If the Group does not remove decorations, restricted decorations are used, or damage occurs during the event, a clean up and/or damage fee will be assessed. A damage fee will be assessed in addition to the clean-up fee.
The Wilkins Athletics and Events Center has minimal equipment available. Tables, chairs, lighting, sound, stages and other equipment can be rented using the preferred vendors in conjunction with their events. A percentage or nominal fee is charged for these opportunities if the group is not using the preferred vendors.
The following policies apply to WAEC ran activity registrations, and rentals/contracts.
- The standard refund-processing fee is $25 and generally requires a two-week period. Certain programs or services may have different fees at the discretion of the area director.
- Refunds issued after use begins are subject to prorating.
- Refunds are issued due to injuries or illnesses; a medical excuse may be required.
- Refunds are issued if a patron has moved from the area; documentation may be necessary.
- Refunds are issued if Wilkins Athletics and Events Center cancels a program or course.
- Refunds are issued due to weather (i.e. lightning, tornado, snow emergency levels 2 and 3, etc.). No refund is issued for Level 1 conditions.
Special Pricing and Discounts
- Special prices and discounts are valid for the expressed offers and date ranges only.
- No other discounts apply.
- Special prices and discounts do not apply to previous purchases.
- Wilkins Athletics and Events Center reserves the right to revoke offers without notice.
- All vehicles parked on campus are required to have an official SU parking permit during enforcement hours
- Rental Groups will work the WAEC Staff for approved parking areas.
- Bicycles may only be locked in University bicycle racks; bicycles locked to permanent benches, trees, etc. are removed from the premises.
|Wilkins Athletics and Events Center||$3,500 per day||Gymnasium with 1 basketball/volleyball courts, surrounded by a 200-meter track. Includes court-specific lighting and room divider.|
|Wilkins Athletics and Events Center Carpet||$1,000 per day||Carpet is required for any events with food or at the request of the WAEC Staff|
|Dave and Kathy Dutton Court||$150 per hour||Court with choice of Basketball Hoops or Volleyball net set up. Additional costs are added if bleacher seating is requested.|
|Visiting Teams Locker Rooms||$100 per day||Two Visiting Team Locker Rooms are available. Holding three toilets, three showers, open hook storage and a large white board.|
|Officials Locker Rooms||$75 per day||Two Officials Locker Rooms are available. Holding two toilets, two showers and eight lockable lockers.|
|Conference Room||$50 per hour||Conference table and comfortable chairs for up to 8.|
|Foyer||$50 per hour||Large foyer with natural lighting, suitable for event registration.|
|Concession Stand||TBD||Approval must be given by Auxiliary Services, no supplies will be provided.|
|Athletic Training Room||TBD||Approval must be given by Athletic Training Department, no supplies will be provided.|
- Tables – $10 each/day
- 5′ round (7 available)
- 6′ rectangular (5 available)
- 8′ rectangular (4 available)
- Chairs – $3 each/day
- Folding Chair – Black (40 available)
- Trash Cans (included)
- Barrel can without lid – 12
- Recycle bin – 8
- Audio Needs – $25/day
- PA system – Public address microphone for WAEC (1 available)
- Staff – $25/hr. per person
- As determined by WAEC Staff
Guest Wi-Fi – can be provided to event groups
- 2 Company Switches – 200 A. Company Switch 120/208V
- Outlets are located in floor around facility
- Curtains are able to section off areas of space
- Weight Limits: Not to exceed 1,000 pounds hanging statically and vertically, at every beam plate
- Plywood must be used under any lifts when on floor
For additional information, please contact our staff at WAEC@su.edu
In order to expedite a usage request, please email the information below to WAEC@su.edu. Until a Facility Usage agreement is sent and signed, the reservation is not confirmed.
The following information is required:
- Brief description of the activity/event being planned (sport, age range, # of coaches/spectators, etc.). If any questions, call 540-535-3588.
- Date/s of Event?
- Time of Event?
- Estimated Attendance?
- What areas are you interested in reserving?
- Do you require audio or visual equipment?
- Please list the Group/Contact Information?
- Name of Group, Name of Person, email address, phone number
Weekdays are typically only available during semester breaks.
For additional information, please contact our staff at WAEC@su.edu