Shenandoah University educates and inspires individuals to be critical, reflective thinkers; lifelong learners; and ethical, compassionate citizens who are committed to making responsible contributions within a community, a nation and the world.
- Development of an enduring passion for learning
- Commitment to self-reflection and personal development
- Respect for diverse cultures, experiences, and perspectives
- Celebration of creative performance, expression, teaching, and discovery
- Cultivation of leadership to advance positive change and growth
- Dedication to citizenship, professional services, and global outreach
Shenandoah University will be nationally recognized for forward-thinking programs that produce competitive and purposeful graduates.
Shenandoah University will be highly valued for:
- particular strength, both academically and institutionally, in the performing arts, healthcare and entrepreneurship
- education that prepares students not only for the present but for the future
- a commitment to intellectual and creative rigor and liberal arts infused curricula
- a campus culture of compassion, responsibility, advocacy and justice which graduates are inspired to replicate in communities beyond Shenandoah
- a sustainable educational and financial model within a changing educational market