The Office of Spiritual Life is dedicated to unleashing students’ spirit and potential by giving them a variety of settings in which to explore their faiths, questions, gifts, hopes and dreams as they prepare to be leaders in their faith communities and around the world.
The Vision of Spiritual Life
The Office of Spiritual Life is committed to developing student leaders that are seeking authenticity, inclusion, and a call to justice.
Our office will be known for:
- A culture of seeking: Students will engage in critical thought and analysis about faith, vocational discernment, and identity.
- A culture of authenticity: Students will learn to appreciate and know their own traditions, as well as others, including the United Methodist affiliation of SU.
- A culture of inclusion: Students will celebrate diversity and engage a multicultural worldview, recognizing, respecting, and appreciating difference of identities, ideologies, philosophies, religions, and experiences.
- A culture of justice: Students will embody an ethic of service and a call to justice, working to be the change needed in the world.
Contact the Office of Spiritual Life
Office hours: 9 am – 5 pm | Monday – Friday
(540) 535-3546 | Spirituallife@su.edu
Spiritual Life offices are located on main campus in the lower level of Goodson Chapel / Recital Hall
1460 University Drive
Winchester, VA 22601