The Department of Public Safety welcomes you to Shenandoah University and invites you to take a few minutes to review the Parking & Driving Policy. It is designed with the safety of the campus community in mind. This policy pertains to all locations owned or operated by Shenandoah University. Motor vehicle laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia also apply on all university property.
Parking & Driving Policies
Student Parking Permits
Register your vehicle, you must provide your vehicle registration information to the Department of Public Safety. Your parking permit will be charged to your student account.
Faculty & Staff Parking Permits
Step 1: Register your vehicle. You must provide your vehicle registration information to the Department of Public Safety.
Step 2: Purchase your Faculty & Staff Parking Permit
In order to pay for your Parking Permit(s), please follow these instructions:
- Select the applicable link below based on the number of parking permits you are planning to purchase.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen where it says, “Welcome Back” and click the gray Sign in button
- Current Faculty/Staff enter the Username and Password you created last year when you purchased your parking permit and then Sign in.
- If you are a new employee, please create a username and password and sign in. You will retain this information.
- Follow the instructions to complete payment
- You will receive an email receipt of payment and confirmation of your Parking Permit Purchase.
- Purchase 1 parking permit
- Purchase 2 parking permits
- Purchase 3 parking permits
- Purchase 4 parking permits
Picking Up Your Parking Pass
Pick up permits at the Brandt Student Center starting Monday, August 31 thru Friday, September 4th between the hours 8 AM and 4 PM. DPS will staff a table for this purpose between the game room and the Grill.
Scholar Plaza, Loudoun
Pick up permits at the main counter starting Monday August 31st thru Friday, September 4th during normal business hours.
Pick up permits from Debbie Lynn starting Monday, August 31st thru Friday, September 4th during normal business hours.
Health Professions Building
Pick up permits from Jackie Hott starting Monday, August 31st thru Friday, September 4th during normal business hours.
Faculty and Staff who are hired or start after September 4th
You will be directed to the appropriate department or person to pick up your permit(s) by Human Resources during the hiring/orientation process.
Appealing a Violation
If you are a campus visitor and received a violation, please bring the ticket to the Department of Public Safety Office in the Wilkins Building.
If you believe you received a parking violation in error, please use the following link to submit an appeal.