Grants, Scholarships & Work Study
- 2017-2018 Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant (VTAG) Application – Application deadline is July 31st
- 2017-2018 Two Year College Transfer Grant Application
- Methodist Scholarship Application
- 2017-2018 Work Study Placement Form
- Declaration of Outside Grants and Scholarships – This from will need to be completed if you are receiving a grant or scholarship from outside the university
- Students are strongly encouraged to pursue scholarships from outside the university. Your home community and the Internet can be great potential sources for a scholarship. Also, do not stop applying for scholarships once you have been enrolled at Shenandoah University. Outside scholarship opportunities will continue to become available throughout your academic career.
- Find outside scholarship resources.
Understanding Your Financial Aid Package
- Grants, scholarships, loans and work study may be included in your financial aid package. This is a step-by-step guide for incoming Freshman to understand the different types of aid within their financial aid package.
- Review a guide to understanding your aid package.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- SAP is measured by GPA, Pace and 150% or max time.
- Find more information about SAP or complete a SAP appeal.
- Professional Judgment is the review of a student’s eligibility for financial aid due to extenuating circumstances that may change the family’s ability to contribute to the student’s educational expenses.
- If you have extenuating circumstances that may impact the family’s ability to contribute to your education please complete our Professional Judgment Form.
- The Office of Financial Aid participates is many events throughout the year. Presentations are a part of many of these events.
- Review the presentations or the open house information.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – The FAFSA is the application used to apply for Federal Financial aid
- Federal Student Aid ID – The FSAID is used to electronically sign your FAFSA and access your Federal Student Aid records online, parents will also need a FSAID for dependent students
- Studentloans.gov – Students and parents can complete Entrance Counseling, sign their Master Promissory Notes as well as Apply for Federal Parent and Graduate PLUS Loans
- Private Education Loan Applicant Self-Certification Form – Please complete this form is you are receiving a private loan
- FSA Student Loan Ombudsman Office – The Ombudsman Group is dedicated to helping resolve disputes related to Direct Loans, Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program loans, Guaranteed Student Loans, and Perkins Loans. Phone: 877-557-2575; Fax: 606-396-4821; Mail: FSA Ombudsman Group, P.O. Box 1843, Monticello, KY 42633
At Shenandoah we understand that Financial Aid is an important, and sometimes confusing, factor in your college search process. We are here to help you understand your Shenandoah University financial aid package and financial options. Contact the Office of Financial Aid.