Shenandoah University educates and inspires individuals to be critical, reflective thinkers; lifelong learners; and ethical, compassionate citizens who are committed to making responsible contributions within a community, a nation and the world.
- Development of an enduring passion for learning
- Commitment to self-reflection and personal development
- Respect for diverse cultures, experiences, and perspectives
- Celebration of creative performance, expression, teaching, and discovery
- Cultivation of leadership to advance positive change and growth
- Dedication to citizenship, professional services, and global outreach
Shenandoah University will be nationally recognized for forward thinking programs that produce competitive and purposeful graduates.
Shenandoah University will be highly valued for:
- particular strength, both academically and institutionally, in the performing arts, healthcare and entrepreneurship
- education that prepares students not only for the present but for the future
- a commitment to intellectual and creative rigor and liberal arts infused curricula
- a campus culture of compassion, responsibility, advocacy and justice which graduates are inspired to replicate in communities beyond Shenandoah
- a sustainable educational and financial model within a changing educational market