PRIDE provides assessment, recommendation, and consultation to SU’s Senior Leadership (President and Vice Presidents) and departments across the university.
PRIDE is a committee carefully drawn from an intentionally diverse array of stakeholders across all areas of the university. PRIDE is capitalizing on the established momentum of the strategic plan and helping Shenandoah to realize its goal of being a forward-thinking institution. This committee, which began as a task force convening early in 2018, assessed the University’s campus culture to establish an environment of readiness for action. PRIDE is currently focused on steps and resources needed to move forward through a university action plan.
To contact PRIDE, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022-2023 PRIDE C0-chairs:
- Dr. Michele Pye, Associate Director of Performing Arts Medicine/Health and Fitness Program and Assistant Professor Division of Athletic Training
- Ashley Smeltzer-Kraft, Assistant Athletic Director for Student-Athlete Development and Outreach, Field Hockey Head Coach
2022-2023 PRIDE Members
- Dahlia Ashford, Assistant Dean of Students for Diversity, Inclusion, and Residential Services
- Sarah Celec, Simulation Exercise Coordinator in TTL
- Tamiya Earley, Executive Assistant for the Division of Student Affairs
- DeShon Foxx, Assistant Vice President for Advancement
- Niccole Gatliff, Assistant Registrar, Veterans & Technology Specialist
- Malik Henry, Director of Inclusion, Diversity, & Equity
- Dr. Hakeem Leonard, Assistant Provost for Inclusion, Diversity & Equity; Associate Professor, Music Therapy
- Dr. Suhaib Obeidat, Associate Professor of Cybersecurity
- Dr. Bryan Pearce-Gonzales, Professor of Hispanic Studies, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Iain Pritchard, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
- Yolanda Shields, Adjunct Professor, School of Business
- Akemi Takayama, Associate Professor of Music, Violin & Chamber Music
- Dr. Deran Whitney, Assistant Professor; Program Coordinator for Education Administration