To achieve high quality, the Shenandoah University School of Business assesses and continually improves its performance. Quality improvement is also a requirement of SACS and AACSB International, as well as a component of the school’s Strategic Plan. The school has established a comprehensive approach to assessment at different levels. The overall approach is described below.
- Focus: Progress toward achieving the goals of the school’s Strategic Plan
Programmatic Quality and Learning Outcomes — Assurance of Learning
- Focus: Program quality, relevance and student learning
Faculty Qualifications and Performance
- Focus: Faculty qualifications |acquisition, development and utilization of faculty
- Teaching | curriculum design, development, innovation, delivery and assessment of learning outcomes
- Scholarship | discovery, integration and application and instructional development and pedagogy
The results of the assessments that are conducted throughout the year are consolidated into a report that is presented annually to the dean. The dean shares the results with the faculty and other stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement and to support the annual goal-setting process of the school.