Thank you for your interest in hiring SU students and alumni.
The goal of Employer Relations is to build a lasting relationship between Shenandoah University and your organization. In doing so, we strive to make recruitment effective and productive based on your company’s unique needs, while connecting you to quality talent. Shenandoah University students and alumni are diverse representing 55 countries and 46 states. We boast over 100 programs of study, which makes it simple to find students and alumni who meet your recruiting needs.
The one-time registration permits repeated access to the system by using the employer ID and password. Please note, if you already have created a 12Twenty account with another college, you may use that log-in to access our system.
Here are the steps to register:
- Go to www.su.edu/hornets4hire/employer
- Click Employer Sign Up
- Fill out the form with your information
- Submit the form to have your information sent to our office for approval
- Once you are officially in the system, you will receive an e-mail of confirmation
Companies with several openings may prefer to visit Shenandoah University for an on campus recruiting session. This type of event allows an organization to meet students face to face.
We have three main types of on-campus recruiting:
- Info Table – Usually held during the lunch hours and are held in the lobby of the Brandt Student Center. Recruiters will be provided with a table and two chairs.
- On-campus Interviews – Career Services will work with employers to develop a schedule of students interested in interviewing for open positions at your organization.
- On-campus Info Session – Employers have the opportunity to offer information about their company to students at a set time in a reserved room on campus.
For additional information, please contact:
Employer Relations Coordinator
Phone: (540) 665-5412
- Shenandoah’s Mission: Shenandoah’s mission is to educate and inspire students to be critical, reflective thinkers, lifelong learners, ethical, compassionate citizens who are committed to making responsible contributions to the world.
- Our students and alumni are diverse: Shenandoah is a nationally recognized University that represents 55 Countries and 46 states! Our students are encouraged to immerse themselves in different cultures and interact with diverse people while studying at SU.
- Exceptional areas of study: We boast over 100 exceptional areas of study in 7 different schools (both undergraduate and graduate levels) which makes it simple to find students and alumni who meet your recruiting needs. Our carefully designed programs of study, and our students, continue to prove their success with our most recent graduating class indicating that 86% of SU students are employed or furthering their education at graduation.
- Conservatory, Professional Studies & Liberal Arts Education: Shenandoah provides the best of all worlds by blending a premier education in multiple areas. We boast diverse, talented, and multifaceted student body. Whether your recruiting needs are a student with a diverse range of skills from the Liberal Arts, a specific skill set from a Professional Studies program, or a student who has excelled in the creative arts – Shenandoah is the place for your recruiting needs.
Shenandoah University is a comprehensive Liberal Arts University which means our students have developed transferable skills that help them quickly adapt to new situations. Skills such as critical thinking, writing ability, problem solving, communication, and working with a team are a staple of our students’ attributes.
- Hands on Learning: Experiential Learning provides our students with hands on, practical skills. 85% of our students complete an experiential learning component such as clinicals, internships, student teaching, field experience, or an assistantship. These experiences allow our students to be career ready come graduation.
- Global Experiences: Our students are exposed to cultures of the world, in and out of the classroom, which takes their learning to the next level. Engaging in programs such as the Global Citizenship Project, Global Experiential Learning, and Semester Abroad, just to name a few, enables our students to work with and experience diverse cultures which gives them new perspectives.