Parker Hall was built in 1973, renovated in 2013, and has both quad and suite-style rooms. This building is broken into suite and quad style living. Quad-style rooms are four double-occupancy rooms with one shared bathroom. Suite-style rooms are two double-occupancy rooms with a shared bathroom.
Quick Info About Parker Hall:
- The rooms are approximately 16 feet 4 inches long by 14 feet wide by 9 feet high
- The desk is approximately 24 inches wide by 42 inches long by 29.5 inches high
- The dresser is approximately 20 inches wide by 30 inches long by 39 inches high
- The closet is approximately 23 inches wide by 36 inches long by 72 inches high
- The wardrobe is approximately 32 inches wide by 29 inches long by 81 inches high
- Each room has a sink inside the room for the two roommates to share
- 5 Resident Assistants (RAs) live in the residence hall
Here is what you will find in your room:
- Extra-long, twin-sized beds (mattress size 36″x80″). Beds can be bunked in every hall.
- Each bed can be adjusted to 3 different heights. From the group to the top of the mattress: 1 feet 8 inches, 2 foot 8 inches, or 3 feet 3 inches. Bed risers are permitted, they must have a square top.
- Desks and chairs
- Closet or wardrobe
- Chest of drawers
- Wireless internet access
- Heat and air conditioning
- Vinyl flooring
- Students must swipe their SU ID card on the exterior doors to enter the building, only residents of the specific building have swipe access on their ID card.
I love Parker. It’s kind of the most home-like freshman dorm building. All the other dorms seem to have a more party/ interactive type vibe. I like that Parker can be a place where I can focus on homework but I can also have fun in the lounge if that’s the mood I am looking for. I like how since it’s so intimate that people often keep their doors open.”
Camryn Roberts ‘23