Racey Hall was built in 1960 and renovated in 2010. Racey is a traditional style hall with bathrooms shared by each wing, all rooms are double occupancy. The first floor is for men, and the third floor is for women. The main floor is coed by wing, which is separated by the lobby area. Each floor has two community bathrooms and two community shower rooms
Quick Tips About Racey Hall:
- The rooms are approximately 10 feet 8 inches wide by 16 feet 9 inches long by 9 feet high
- The windows are approximately 4 feet 6 inches wide by 4 feet 9 inches high
- The closet is approximately 1 foot 8 inches wide by 6 feet 7 inches long by 6 feet 8 inches high
- There is limited shelving storage in the room
- 6 Resident Assistants (RAs) live in the residence hall
Here is what you will find in your room:
- Extra-long, twin-sized beds (mattress size 36″x80″). Beds can be bunked in every hall.
- Each bed can be adjusted to 3 different heights. From the group to the top of the mattress: 1 feet 8 inches, 2 foot 8 inches, or 3 feet 3 inches. Bed risers are permitted, they must have a square top.
- Desks and chairs
- Closet or wardrobe
- Chest of drawers
- Wireless internet access
- Heat and air conditioning
- Vinyl flooring
- Students must swipe their SU ID card on the exterior doors to enter the building, only residents of the specific building have swipe access on their ID card.
I love it here, I would never want to live anywhere else. People here talk to each other and its a great community.”
Noa Hasty ‘23