Gore Hall was built in 1984 and remodeled in 2011 and 2012. It has double occupancy rooms in suites. Suite-style rooms are two double-occupancy rooms with a shared bathroom. Gore is connected to Funkhouser Hall by a beautiful lobby that features a gas fireplace and an environmentally friendly green roof.
Quick Tips About Gore Hall:
- The rooms are approximately 18 feet long by 10 feet wide by 9 feet high
- Each suite has a private bathroom for the two rooms, (4 students) to share
- There are sinks with limited storage in every room
- 3 Resident Assistants (RAs) live in this residence hall
Here is what you will find in your room:
- Extra-long, twin-sized beds (mattress size 36″x80″). Beds can be bunked in every hall.
- Each bed can be adjusted to 3 different heights. From the group to the top of the mattress: 1 feet 8 inches, 2 foot 8 inches, or 3 feet 3 inches. Bed risers are permitted, they must have a square top.
- Desks and chairs
- Closet or wardrobe
- Chest of drawers
- Wireless internet access
- Heat and air conditioning
- Vinyl flooring
- Students must swipe their SU ID card on the exterior doors to enter the building, only residents of the specific building have swipe access on their ID card.
Two things come to mind when you asked me about what I like about Gore. The first being my fabulous RA, Joey. He has really made me feel at home here and always checks on how everyone is doing, even if they aren’t his residents. The other thing I enjoy about living in Gore is the luxury of having my own bathroom. It’s the best, and not sharing a toilet with forty eight people is great.”
Jack Branch ‘23