Funkhouser Hall was built in 1964. It was remodeled in 1976 and again in 2011 and 2012. Funkhouser Hall is a traditional style with bathrooms shared by each wing. Funkhouser is connected to Gore Hall by a beautiful lobby that features a gas fireplace and an environmentally friendly green roof.
Quick Tips About Funkhouser Hall:
- The rooms are approximately 18 feet long by 10 feet 7 inches wide by 9 feet high
- The desk is approximately 24 inches wide by 42 inches long by 29.5 inches high
- The dresser is approximately 20 inches wide by 30 inches long by 39 inches high
- The wardrobe is approximately 23 inches wide by 35.5 inches long by 75.5 inches high
- Each floor has two community bathrooms and two community shower rooms
- 4 Resident Assistants (RAs) live in this residence hall
Here is what you will find in your room:
- Extra-long, twin-sized beds (mattress size 36″x80″). Beds can be bunked in every hall.
- Each bed can be adjusted to 3 different heights. From the group to the top of the mattress: 1 feet 8 inches, 2 foot 8 inches, or 3 feet 3 inches. Bed risers are permitted, they must have a square top.
- Desks and chairs
- Closet or wardrobe
- Chest of drawers
- Wireless internet access
- Heat and air conditioning
- Vinyl flooring
- Students must swipe their SU ID card on the exterior doors to enter the building, only residents of the specific building have swipe access on their ID card.
I enjoy living in the Funk hall because of the community style. It is easy to meet people and make friends. The people on my floor are fun to be around. Rooms are spacious enough as well.”
Audie Wilkins ‘23