Position: University Director of Interprofessional Education, and Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice (Ambulatory Care)
PharmD, University of Charleston; PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency, Shenandoah University Collaborative Ambulatory Clinics
Fields of Expertise:
Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist (BCACP)
Board Certified in Advanced Diabetes Management (BC-ADM)
Areas of Practice:
• Diabetes, Hypertension, and Hyperlipidemia Management
• Hepatitis C Treatment
• Tobacco Cessation
• Vaccine Management
• Comprehensive Medication Management
• PGY-1 Shenandoah University Ambulatory Care Clinics Residency, Residency Program Coordinator and Preceptor
• Bernard J. Dunn Jr. Research Award, 2022
• Eugene V. White Faculty Service Award, 2022
• Graduate Empirical Research Finalist at the Shenandoah University Research Expo, 2023
• Community Pharmacy Residency Preceptor of the Year, PGY-1 Valley Pharmacy Residency, 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-2021, and 2021-2022
• SU Bernard J. Dunn School of Pharmacy Faculty Preceptor of the Year, 2018-19
• Clinical Pharmacist: Sinclair Health Clinic
• Residency Teaching and Learning Certificate Program Mentor
Enjoys playing the piano, learning Spanish, tennis and other exercise, hiking and being in nature, traveling, puzzles, and time with family/dog.
Select Peer-Reviewed Publications:
Once-weekly Semaglutide for weight management: A clinical review. Journal of Pharmacy Technology. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.
Impact of Regulatory Changes on Pharmacist Delivered Telehealth During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.
Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir: The First 8-week, Pangenotypic HCV Treatment Regimen for Patients 12 Years of Age and Older. Annals of Pharmacotherapy. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.
Retrospective Comparison of Appropriate Statin Use Between Patients with Diabetes Managed by Pharmacists and Those Managed by Internal Medicine. Diabetes Spectrum. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.